Tokyo Dawn Labs - Compressor Roadmap 2014

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FBCompIII FTW ;)

FabienTDR wrote: We're currently working on FBCompIII, and had a discussion together with Vlad on how the concept should develop. We sit on a gazillion ideas, concepts and experiences, so we began working on a "jack of all trades".. ..until we dropped the whole thing and decided to split the concept and give them more each part more conceptual focus. :)

FBCompIII is purely focussing the mastering use-case. This allows us to reach for a high audio quality and relatively low UI complexity. Latency and CPU performance is clearly secondary. As with version II, it will still remain an option for detailed compression during mixing, but not primarily. The main UI "flow" is very similar to FBCompII.

[fancy name for a compressor] on the other hand, is designed for tracking/mixing. Although it will still use FBCompII's proven processing architecture, no (or very low) latency and high efficiency are key. This compressor is meant to colour, shape, massage, squeeze & squash with greatest flexibility and usability, while still offering high fidelity sound. We'll probably have some sort of crest control here as well. It's no question that this plugin will have a distinct "Molot" touch.

We plan releasing both during the year!
That all sounds great Fabien.
Can't wait :tu: :party:

Meanwhile, make sure to check out Vlad entry for the KVR Developer Challenge 2014!

http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2014/08 ... t-kidding/
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote:Meanwhile, make sure to check out Vlad entry for the KVR Developer Challenge 2014!

I would love to but ...

..the AU version isn't working in Logic 10.0.7 on OSX 10.9.4 :cry:

FabienTDR wrote:Let us hear your thoughts about a dedicated tracking/mix compressor.
Please do keep the capability for very transparent, clean compression too.

Beatworld wrote:
FabienTDR wrote:Meanwhile, make sure to check out Vlad entry for the KVR Developer Challenge 2014!

I would love to but ...

..the AU version isn't working in Logic 10.0.7 on OSX 10.9.4 :cry:
Check the latest update, maybe that helps?

Is this coming along? Looking forward to seeing what you come out with!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Is this coming along? Looking forward to seeing what you come out with!
Sure it is, we're preparing the release right now (deep testing, manuals, press material, etc). You can expect a new mastering compressor before December! :)

FabienTDR wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Is this coming along? Looking forward to seeing what you come out with!
Sure it is, we're preparing the release right now (deep testing, manuals, press material, etc). You can expect a new mastering compressor before December! :)

Got the GE Slick EQ, great eq, amazing value for money. Its amazing that the feedback comp is free.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

FabienTDR wrote:
So Fabien, are we now allowed to publicly say how stunningly good it is ? :D
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

:) Haha, thank you Nil!

Pls wait another week or two, we still have a few TODOs on our list. But as noted above, we plan to release this month!

We're also working on a bigger update for the SlickEQ family at the same time.

:tu:
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

haha... best looking teaser I've seen this year :hihi:
offtopic: btw.. those headphones ...hmm how does the R cup stay attached with the whole contraption? :?

Grado headphones? Nice.

Enhance!
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”