TDR Proximity Crashes REAPER

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Proximity

Hi,

I love using Proximity for creating a sense of distance, and it finds its way to most of my sessions in game audio.

However, I couldn't run it on a new machine. Whenever I load it in REAPER, it crashes the program. The bridged 32 bit version won't crash REAPER, but it would only show an empty plugin window.

Help appreciated!

My setup: Intel-based Win 10 64 bit, REAPER v5.62 64 bit.
Last edited by audiocan on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For me it doesn't crash. Everything seems to be working normally.

Win 10 pro 64bit, Reaper v5.62/x64, Proximity v1.0.1 64bit

(I know this probably isn't helping with your crashing problem directly but hopefully it'll somehow help with troubleshooting)

@twoodts, thanks for the reply. Probably I'm doing something wrong with the installation, perhaps?

What I did was creating a folder with the path below and copying the DLL's there:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins

To my knowledge it shouldn't matter where you install the plugin.

As you have a new machine I assume that you didn't have the plugin elsewhere, then moved it, and Reaper would still think it's at the old location. Reaper should scan the plugins at start up anyways. So it can't be some old borked up version.

Have you tried putting the plugin in some other location? Or even on other drive? Have the VstPlugins folder's permissions gone wonky (right click folder > properties > security, for me it shows "ALL APPLICATIONS PACKAGES" group and "Read & Execute, List folder contents, Read" on the allow column)? They're probably fine but you never know.

@twoodts, I tried installing to another folder, but it didn't help. Read&write permissions look fine.

When I run REAPER as administrator, it waits a while, loads the plugin without crashing the program, but I end up with a blank plugin window.

Tried on another Win 10 computer, and crashes REAPER again. Tried loading it on Izotope RX, it crashes that as well.

I have exactly the same problem on my new machine (Windows 10 Pro). Although the DAW that I use is Sonar Platinum, but it also crashes. When I use the Proximity plugin in Samplitude Pro it opens, but all its values are empty and it does not work.

The strange thing is that before I had also installed the plugin on my laptop and there it runs without a problem. I compared the security settings the date and file size ... At the moment I am at my wits end. The only thing I can imagine is that there is a required Windows component missing?

As a shoot in the dark, I would say some VC++ runtime libraries are missing, but only the devs could be able to tell if so and which version... :shrug:

- Mario

Thanks for the info Mabian, please keep me posted if you find a solution. I still haven't found any myself... Cheers!

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”