My beta issues (beta 15 onwards)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkStar wrote:Is there something special about the slices created by TX16Wx and saved into the sample?

Such slices are not detected by Wavosaur and slices created using Wavosaur are not detected by TX16Wx.

In this screenshot the top sample is sliced in TX16Wx and the lower one in Wavosaur (I did not insert all the same slices):

In general the two "standard" options for storing this info are to store regions in either cue points or loops chunks (both defined by standards).
TX16Wx uses loops, since slices are considered a special case of loop (start, end, it fits...)

Some formats use completely proprietary ways of storing this, i.e ACID etc, and documentation is scarce...

A quick glance in a hex editor suggests that waveosaur does indeed create cue points to mark the slices. However, if the is some info to suggest that the cue points are actually slices, it eludes me. So the problem is really that you generally _don't_ want TX16Wx to just randomly take cue points and use as slices, since in truth, they were intended for other things... (cues!)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

^^^^
Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “CWITEC”