Setting up a drum (TX16Wx)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IXIX wrote:
elcallio wrote: [*](New) Drop samples with CTRL held -> maps samples as velocity layers in the order of files dropped.
When I do this, dropping several selected samples from the file browser, the velocity layers are always arranged the same way regardless of how I select the files in the browser ie. makes no difference if I select the loudest then shift+click the softest or vice versa.

Is this a bug or have I misunderstood your post?
Selection order in the browser does not make a difference. Samples dragged from there will be dropped in order of filename. Samples dropped from explorer or DAW will have order based on same or different criteria (no way to control). Basically, filename order is the order of samples. You can however toggle the reverse order button (rightmost) to invert this at least.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:Selection order in the browser does not make a difference. Samples dragged from there will be dropped in order of filename. Samples dropped from explorer or DAW will have order based on same or different criteria (no way to control). Basically, filename order is the order of samples. You can however toggle the reverse order button (rightmost) to invert this at least.
Okay, thanks for clearing it up.

To get the drum kit pieces to sound completely I had to turn up the Release value in the AEG (to 2.00 seconds).

I had thought that "one-shot" mode would ignore the Note Off.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:To get the drum kit pieces to sound completely I had to turn up the Release value in the AEG (to 2.00 seconds).

I had thought that "one-shot" mode would ignore the Note Off.
FAQ time again. Yes, one-shot ignores note-off. But it does _not_ ignore the AEG, thus if you don't have any decay or release times, the AEG will end pretty quick -> no sound. One-shot will ignore the sustain _hold_, not the sustain level etc.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Got it. Thank you.

Suggestion: on page 14 in the User Manual, under "Trigger Mode / One-shot" it could say "... for drum sounds. Turn up the Release level in the AEG envelope so that the sound plays through completely."
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

elcallio wrote:Yes, one-shot ignores note-off. But it does _not_ ignore the AEG, thus if you don't have any decay or release times, the AEG will end pretty quick -> no sound. One-shot will ignore the sustain _hold_, not the sustain level etc.
It'd be nice if there were a mode for the release that would just play through to the end of the sample. It could be activated if you turn the release knob all the way to the right maybe?

Return to “CWITEC”