Output formats in the pro version - saving SFZ

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... nearly done !

mccy wrote:O.K., bought wusik 6.
Nice addition for that price :-)

I also try to learn a bit programming. I'm using Flowstone with ruby and try to build a converter for the tx16wx files. Comparing it to wusik it is nearly the perfect way to create sampleinstruments (by now I like sc2 better, but sfz support for export or convert would make TX16WX such a great value). The GUi in Tx16Wx is so nice!

By now I managed to code a small program which can edit one sample with hkey, lokey & vel... I also managed to make it save sfz files and load txt files. Hope it will be possible for me as a bloody beginner to code a converter... I guess 100+ hours of work for me, 1 hour for a real programmer... (maybe factor x10 :-) )
Congrats on Wusik 6. I haven't used the .SFZ export that much, but what I have it has behaved very well. I might have something else to do the job, but I just end up going to that coz it's on my main machine and does what I want.

I agree that the interface on TX16Wx is very nice. It's like the best bits of the other major samplers I have used (Directwave included). Though I do admit to a soft spot not just for SC1, but SC2 also. I just render down to a wave in case anything goes belly-up before I close a project.

I'm going to buy the pro TX in a little while. I'm perfectly happy with the free version, but it is such a great price. I find myself using it as my go-to sampler now. I'm also having a lot of fun with it as I can see what I am doing with the large GUI. I would only change a few colours around as I tend to prefer more neutral schemes with different shades to what is present now, but that is just me, it's perfectly legible.

Good luck with the coding. When you finish it you will have an amazing feeling of achievement and the fact that it took you longer or was harder for you will only increase your satisfaction!

:)

From The New Hacker's Dictionary:

-----------------------------------------------
superprogrammer /n./

A prolific programmer; one who can code exceedingly well and quickly. Not all hackers are superprogrammers, but many are. (Productivity can vary from one programmer to another by three orders of magnitude. For example, one programmer might be able to write an average of 3 lines of working code in one day, while another, with the proper tools, might be able to write 3,000. This range is astonishing; it is matched in very few other areas of human endeavor.) The term 'superprogrammer' is more commonly used within such places as IBM than in the hacker community. It tends to stress naive measures of productivity and to underweight creativity, ingenuity, and getting the job done -- and to sidestep the question of whether the 3,000 lines of code do more or less useful work than three lines that do the Right Thing. Hackers tend to prefer the terms hacker and wizard.
------------------------------------------------

As long as you get the job done!

cheers.

Now I thought, it would be easier. I had succes on some files, on some it does not work. Main problem is, that ruby in flowstone (where I use it) seems to have no UTF16 handling. But anyway, it works for many programs allready & I'm not ready with it...

Actual version in the last post!

P.S. it is very important that you avoid groups in tx. Just select all regions and split to groups. I will have to take a deep look inside, how I could handle groups.
Last edited by mccy on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solved some important problems. I will wait & test some time until giving it version number 1.0 ...

*actual version in my last post*

This version works great for me, right out of the box!
It now can directly read Tx16Wx files without converting to utf8!!!

I guess with old versions it was too complicated to make all steps right, now you can use it right away.

Have fun!
Last edited by mccy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brilliant. Just downloaded this but I haven't got time to check it out at the mo. Definitely will though. Thanks!

Er, really stupid question:

What is it supposed to do?

Convert files to .SFZ.

From what?

er...

Care to explain one more time for the hard of understanding?

I guess it is from the old tx16 hardware sampler ?

For me the softwaresampler Tx16Wx has a beautiful interface and a very fast working way to create instruments.

I was searching for so long for a tool to just rapidly build some instruments for sfz player and was too slow with texteditors or SFZed etc.

Now, that I found the beautiful Tx16Wx with open fileformat I just wanted to use it as sampleinstrument creator & I just love it.

I'm still working hard, to get the converter as 'perfect' as it can be. You have to know, I'm neither a programmer, nor a Mathexpert... So I'm just smiling from one ear to the other because I managed the decibel-conversation of the volume adjustments in Tx16Wx... (all in ruby language, which is my first programming - language which I use since 1 week.) So I'm nearly done with the important values. For anything else one can still use SFZed (I hope it can read my created SFZ files).

So in short:
You build an instrument in Tx16Wx and save it.
You load the *.txprog file with tx2sfz converter and save it as SFZ, to play it in otehr sampleplayers like sforzando, sfz, shortcircuit etc.!!!!

For me it's like opening a hughe door to easily working with different samplers to use the different benefits of them.

Martin

mccy wrote:For me the softwaresampler Tx16Wx has a beautiful interface and a very fast working way to create instruments.

I was searching for so long for a tool to just rapidly build some instruments for sfz player and was too slow with texteditors or SFZed etc.

Now, that I found the beautiful Tx16Wx with open fileformat I just wanted to use it as sampleinstrument creator & I just love it.

I'm still working hard, to get the converter as 'perfect' as it can be. You have to know, I'm neither a programmer, nor a Mathexpert... So I'm just smiling from one ear to the other because I managed the decibel-conversation of the volume adjustments in Tx16Wx... (all in ruby language, which is my first programming - language which I use since 1 week.) So I'm nearly done with the important values. For anything else one can still use SFZed (I hope it can read my created SFZ files).

So in short:
You build an instrument in Tx16Wx and save it.
You load the *.txprog file with tx2sfz converter and save it as SFZ, to play it in otehr sampleplayers like sforzando, sfz, shortcircuit etc.!!!!

For me it's like opening a hughe door to easily working with different samplers to use the different benefits of them.

Martin

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

I guess I still need to trade in my brain. I still do not have a clue what you are coding. I mean, I'm not totally without wit, hell, I even quoted a bit from the new hackers dictionary. Don't make me a hacker. Don't make me a fuckwit either ;-).

It's ok. I was just curious, I don't really care. You had an opportunity to explain to the world what you were doing. But maybe it is just me being stupid.
In fact it is definitely me being stupid. I think there might be a lot of other stupid people out there too.

One last time.

What are you doing?

I haven't gotten TX2sfz to work yet (yes, I suggest the slight name mod)

Sounds like the first community/third party TX Open Instrument Format converter - to convert TX (programs) to .sfz instruments. Might come in handy to use my TX stuff in LinuxSampler for instance. Thanks.

I wonder what Sensei Calle thinks...

makerprofaze wrote:I wonder what Sensei Calle thinks...
Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :wink:
No auto tune...

I try my best, to give the best answers I have :-)

What am I doing?
I'm building a program-converter to use Tx16Wx files in other SFZ sample players.

I think it's more important, what you can do with it, so I will describe it as an example which you can rebuild for your own (or don't :-) whatever you want). I bet with an example it becomes clearer...

- Lets say, you have a bunch of samples from a flute.
1.wav
2.wav
3.wav
x.wav
Name them as you want.

- Now load the Tx16Wx from CWI Technology from reaper (whatever VST host you want).
- Take all samples and drag and drop them to Tx16Wx (wow that's easy with TX16Wx - much better than building samples with notepad for vsti SFZ players).
- Now you can arrange all these samples to build a nice playable instrument on Tx16Wx. Set their root key, Transpose, keyzone, volume, pan, multilayering for velocity... just as you like, to have a nice sample flute on keyboard.
- Now you want to work with that instrument on a small EeePC, so Tw16Wx is quite CPU-hungry... but you want to play your flute with some drums, bass, etc.
- So you want to play that instrument from lets say sforzando (very light on CPU, just reading SFZ files & playing them nicely)
- you save the program flute.txprog in Tx16Wx (with saving content checked).
- you take Tx2SFZ, select the place & name where you want to save flute.sfz; you load your flute.txprog &
- voila, here is your sfz flute instrument, which you can load with sforzando using something like 1% instead of 8% CPU.
- If you want, you can set with tx2sfz some group OPCODES for SFZ like a filter which reacts velocity sensitive...

When I'm ready with everything I'll send a complete example. For now just version 0.9c which has some more parameters to recognize, a nicer gui & some small fixes...

*actual version in my last post*
Last edited by mccy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mccy wrote:I try my best, to give the best answers I have :-)

What am I doing?
I'm building a program-converter to use Tx16Wx files in other SFZ sample players.
No your answers are ok, it is my brain that is lacking.
I get it now. That is what I thought it was. I just wanted to know before I install it and play about.

Cheers.

Oh and well done!

mccy wrote:- you save the program flute.txprog in Tx16Wx (with saving content checked)
While I haven't checked yet, this is probably why it didn't work for me originally. I admit, I didn't look it over closely enough (obviously) - now I see it in the GUI.

Return to “CWITEC”