Output formats in the pro version - saving SFZ

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm thinking about making a screenshot movie for demonstrating how it works!
Strange, that the open button does not work, I have no idea, why, here it works, so I'm thinking about adding the 'exe' version of the program again...

Thanks for your hints. It's so sad, that I get so few comments on that program, which really serves me VERY well.

Martin

Please give it another try - just 5 minutes & tell me if the open button works for you in the exe -version.
You just start it as a program, this is not a vst!

www.derknott.de/tx2sfzexe.zip

WORKS PERFECTLY!! Thank you.

I work with hardware samplers and this extension makes TX16WX usable. SFZ like the Akai format is a pretty universal format on Hardware synths and samplers that utilize mult-sampled instruments. A lot of software developers do not understand this which I can't fathom why. It's very difficult to find any software sampler like Halion, Kontakt, MachFive, TX16WX, etc. that can simply export in basic zone format a multi-sampled instrument other than their proprietary format. All the ADSR, Filtering, and Effect settings can be done within the hardware. It's just nice to be able to map with a nice interface and export easily so that you can import into your hardware sampler of choice for live work.

I don't use software samplers live and a lot of other musicians are similar. TX16WX is locked like all other samplers out there. With the tx2sfz program you can finally have a working unlocked sampler. With the SFZ output you can now translate to any other format using either ESC ( Extreme Sample Converter ) or Chicken Systems Translator. TX16WX is a nice program but completely useless to Hardware users unless one wants to pipe audio directly from the computer to your hardware. If that's the case there are still better choices than TX16WX.

TX16WX is a beautiful looking sampler which is why I've stumbled upon it, but underneath it all it's really no different then the rest of the competition. However your tx2sfz changes that. No other software sampler can do this.

Thanks again for such a valuable tool that frankly should have been included with the original package. :clap:

mccy, I must be doing something wrong. Have you written any instructions for this program?

I'm testing with a very small instrument (11 samples, one velocity layer). In TX16Wx, I split each sample into it's own group, made sure that "copy content" is checked, and saved a .txprog file. Finally, I made sure that TX16Wx created a /samples subdirectory and put copies of the .wav files in it. In tx2sfz.exe, I opened the .txprog file ("Open Prg"), entered an SFZ name, and clicked "Save". (I didn't try to customize anything.) Here is the resulting SFZ. The sample referred to is not one of the 11 in my little instrument.

<group>
off_mode=normal

<region>
sample=Samples\A6FF.wav
lokey=48 hikey=58 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=65
volume=-3.02

So I'm missing one or more steps somewhere. Thank you in advance for your help.

hmm, so it didn't load anything at all.
Thats just the initial load... could you upload the program just without samples somewhere?

mccy wrote:hmm, so it didn't load anything at all.
Thats just the initial load... could you upload the program just without samples somewhere?
See your PM. Thanks.

so the problem is with root key. the overriding rootkey has to be set and saved (not baked!!!). rootkey is the most difficult thingbfor me since beginning... sorry

So I updated to v.1.5
tx-root reading is now disabled, when it is not selected (before, when there was no tx root inside the program tx2sfz crashed after txroot update). Waveroot reading worked fine for me today with tx-root disable update, so maybe it works smooth now for other workflows!

Keep on reporting bugs! I use this program for my own workflow, so sometimes some little changes cause big problems ...

Included the vst version in the zip

Martin

http://www.derknott.de/tx2sfzexe.zip
Last edited by mccy on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ah, next time I change version number to referring tx16wx version... this could be helpfull in some cases...

Martin, see your PM inbox. Thanks.

i turned of button vol pan trans read and it worked... made a nice sfz will look further into the problem.

<group>

off_mode=normal
<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-C7.wav
lokey=81 hikey=127 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=127

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-F#6.wav
lokey=75 hikey=80 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=80

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-C6.wav
lokey=69 hikey=74 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=74

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-F#5.wav
lokey=63 hikey=68 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=68

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-C5.wav
lokey=57 hikey=62 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=62

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-F#4.wav
lokey=51 hikey=56 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=56

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-C4.wav
lokey=45 hikey=50 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=50

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-F#3.wav
lokey=39 hikey=44 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=44

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-C3.wav
lokey=33 hikey=38 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=38

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-F#2.wav
lokey=27 hikey=32 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=32

loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
sample=Samples\Vibraphone-C2.wav
lokey=0 hikey=26 lovel=0 hivel=127
pitch_keycenter=26

loop_mode=one_shot

o.k. found the problem area... something goes wrong, when reading your volume adjustments... so maybe i'll find the bug soon...

mccy wrote:o.k. found the problem area... something goes wrong, when reading your volume adjustments... so maybe i'll find the bug soon...
Thank you.

could it be, that the problem is all vol in main turned to 0... zero makes no sense... think i corrected it, but no upload so far... your program should output silence, could that be!

www.derknott.de/tx2sfzexe.zip

New version is uploaded.

Return to “CWITEC”