Output formats in the pro version - saving SFZ

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mccy wrote:could it be, that the problem is all vol in main turned to 0... zero makes no sense... think i corrected it, but no upload so far... your program should output silence, could that be!
It appears that I sent you the wrong example, for which I apologize. But this seems to have uncovered an error that needs to be trapped. In general, if the input to a program makes no sense, the program should show an error message rather than creating an empty output file.

In any case, your v1.5 didn't work on a different example. I'll have to check that and also download the more recent version.

Thanks again.

rrichard63 wrote:... In any case, your v1.5 didn't work on a different example. I'll have to check that and also download the more recent version. ...
I am now able to get the most recent version (June 9 timestamp) to work. In the process I lost track of exactly what I had tested with what files. But I strongly suspect the example I originally sent you had at least one problem.

Thank you for spending so much time on my problem, which seems to have been partly of my own making.

One suggestion: when the output file already exists, programs should always ask the user whether they want to overwrite it.

yippie! thanks for your input! i'm happy that tx2sfz is now even more usable because of your help, finding its weak points! i spend so much time one it, so i'm motivated to help the few people using it to get it working. i'm no programmer and it's allways interesting, trying to understand what I wrote weeks and months ago... it's a nice logical brain training :-)

Hey mccy! (you are also MC by any chance?)

Just discovered your program and downloaded it (any updates since june?). Comes at just the right time for me, as I'm looking for ways to convert my sample collection to a more useful instrument library :D I'm using TX16wx and Shortcircuit a lot as my samplers, but I'm absolutely loving Zampler. For that reason I started to create SFZ's from my sampler instruments.

Since Zampler only supports basic parameters, it seems your program can be just the ticket. Until now I coded my SFZ's in Notepad, but that's a time consuming method. I simplified it by using the same file on all instruments, only changing the wav names, but still.

The ability to setup my instruments in TX16Wx and then quickly convert them using TX2SFZ looks awesome! I'll be gving it a try now, and will keep in this forum and let you know what happens.

Just out of curiosity.. The site from which to download your program is about Scope plugins... Looks like very advanced stuff. Are you part of that team?

kind regards, Frank
Amsterdam
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

hi! thanks for your feedback! i'm happy that still people discover my little helper & yes, it will just do what you need, don't hesitate to ask if there are any problems.

i kind of played with that mc thing in my early days and my artist name was or is mccyrano because i wrote so many lovesongs even for my friends ... so cyrano de bergerac inspired me :-)

no updates, just works as a workhorse for me :-) I lately thought about opening the code for everybody, but i guess there is no community to develope it further... its done mainly in ruby language so everybody could understand it with a bit work.

Martin (Münster, Germany)

ah, and the scope things... no,not part of the team. i worked very much with scope, still it is very important for me, and it was the community, which motivated me to go so deep into developement.

Hi Mccy,

As an update: I've played around with the tx2sfz plugin and I must say I'm very happy I have discovered it! I've setup a sfz-workstation project now to quickly convert instruments to sfz using your program. The load fine in Zampler and other synths!

At first I ran into some problems, being that I didn't hear anything when loading a created sfz in Zampler. Judging by the grey keys on the keyboard, it did load a set of samples, only I didn't hear anything. I was just about to post here about it, when it dawned on me the samples I used were 24-bit, and aparently Zampler doesn't read them properly. Once I converted the samples to 32-bit float (I suppose 16-bit will also do) the sfz's loaded and played fine in Zampler.

As an anecdote: One of the reason I started with sfz's is because I very much liked Nexus, but it's price and the price of the soundbanks are staggering. Another thing I didn't like is it's closed format. You cannot create your own sounds, you are locked to the (impressive) content.

So I went and looked and found Zampler. It's a branded freeware VST available from a few magazine en plugin websites, created by Synapse Audio, who also created the fantastic Dune vst. It resembles Dune, but also very much resembles Nexus in both feature set and usage. Ok, Nexus has a little more up it's sleave, but the comparison stands for many features. And you can create your own patches and soundbanks with it, and it loads sfz files.

I have a sh*tload of multisamples and drumloops and drumkits gathered from numerous CM Magazine dvd's. I'm slowly converting all of them in Zampler patches, and combine them in my own Zampler banks. This way, in time, I will have an as great a library as Nexus has, but with my own sounds.

Thanks to your plugin, I'm now done with notepad editing and can easily setup my instruments in TX16Wx, save the programs, and convert them to sfz.

So thanks again! I've bookmarked this thread to check in once in a while.

regards, Frank

great! so happy, that finally some people dig into the mighty mighty tx16wx as sfz creator in combination with tx2sfz. thanks for the zampler tip, that thing looks great. only tried the first version some time ago...

just to have the link in the last post...

http://www.derknott.de/tx2sfzexe.zip

hi Mccy,

Just checking in to see if there are any new versions? Or on the horizon?

Still having much fun with it, creating my own sfz instruments with Tx16Wx and Tx2Sfz. Right now I just finished a bass instrument created out of a growl of my dog :D I would send the Image Line (FL Studio, my DAW) forumlink I posted it on, but I think you can only fully view and listen if you are forum member (and thus Image Line client). If you are interested though... I made sure to mention Tx2sfz as part of the process, with a link to this thread :D

regards, Frank

Great, thanks!!! I just develope for my needs & the needs of others... So far the program seems to work as it should, so no further developement so far :-)... But it's still in my focus & maby one day I'll rewrite, because I made it a bit complicated inside due to my bad programming abilities...

Nice to hear, the program is working!!!

Martin

Hi there guys

Link seems to be outdated, is not working. Would someone care to post a new link to keep this available? I want to try this!

www.derknott.de/tx2sfz2016II.zip

this should work. sorry.

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I just wanted to pop in again and say thanks for this utility! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Is this still workiing with TX16Wx v3?

No.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”