Long samples with multiple start points

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's the best way to work with long samples, spoken word stuff that I want to trigger at multiple points on different keys? Is there a way to use the same sample and define more than one start point? Is it an inefficient use of memory to drop in multiple copies of a long wave and set the start point for each? Or should I just bite the bullet and use Sound forge to split my sample up into small waves?

thanks! PS Excellent product.. I will definitely consider "going Pro".
You are not a beautiful snowflake.

Basically two options:

1.) you can use the group->wave start attribute to have different groups begin playing at different places in the sample. This is however not very user-friendly or efficient for detailed sample parts.
2.) Set up slices for the various spoken parts of the sample, then assign the slices to individual splits (mapping). This is most likely the most efficient way to do what you want to do. As a bonus, you can also take advantage of the split auto (re)mapping features. Check the manual for info on working with slices.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I'd go with setting slice points.
Hardware: M-Audio Audiophile USB + Studiophile BX5a | Numark PT-01 USB | Akai MPC2500 SE

Software: FL Studio 11 | Groove Machine | Geist | TX16Wx 2 Pro | EZdrummer | Arturia Minimoog-V Original | kHs One | Bass Station | V-Station

Return to “CWITEC”