Sharing Patches without Samples

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Suleiman: I've corrected the path resolve bug, and uploaded a 2.3.1c hotfix version. This should hopefully ensure that all permutations of placing the samples vs. your mapping files will be handled correctly.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:Suleiman: I've corrected the path resolve bug, and uploaded a 2.3.1c hotfix version. This should hopefully ensure that all permutations of placing the samples vs. your mapping files will be handled correctly.

Thank you for your prompt action !

So I need to install this version over the old one right, and then....?

Should I re-open and resave just the Full Kit.xperf ?

Or will it work when the receiving party installas this htofix version, and i dont need to do anything ?

I'll inform the guys over at Reaper land accordingly.

No need to resave anything. Its just the path resolve when opening files that has been fixed so it now always (hopefully) works as intended.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

It worked great ! Everybody can work it now :)

Thank you for all your help.

I hope that this can eventually become the sampler choice for sharing user instruments.

I have found that when the tx16wx pauses to save an load every sample happens for me when...

1 Reaper auto save is saving and
2 I have a program opened showing groups or the matrix is open.

But allways at auto save 00.00

Some more sharing related questions since I have been sharing a lot of patches (performances) with users lately :

1. I always save everything into a single folder (performance, programs and matrices ) and zip to share.
Is this necessary ? Can I just share the patch by sharing the performance ? Will it contain all the necessary info, or do I continue like I'm doing ?

2. When the patch needs to find the samples , can search in folder (select folder) be added as an option ? I know its a lazy option, Calle, but it would greatly improve the user experience for those who just want to plug and play. Point to the folder and go !
The present method locating the first asked sample is a little tough for some since its often hard to locate the asked sample in a multi-gig library.

3. Can a loading / progress bar be added when TX16WX is loading samples. With large sample sets, it often takes a while, and some kind of visual indicator would be useful to know that its not crashed / halted, and just taking its time loading.

Besides the above post, there is one more thing :

When I make a performance / program set and share it with someone, they open it and point it to the first correct sample. The rest updates automatically. But whenever they re-open the performance they have to do the same again. They tried saving it but again it asked for the sample when it opens.

Are we missing some setting ?

muslimpunk wrote:Some more sharing related questions since I have been sharing a lot of patches (performances) with users lately :

1. I always save everything into a single folder (performance, programs and matrices ) and zip to share.
Is this necessary ? Can I just share the patch by sharing the performance ? Will it contain all the necessary info, or do I continue like I'm doing ?

No. TX16Wx program structure is non-monolithic, so you need all files referenced. The Performance only contains _references_ to the programs etc, same way as the program file only contains references to samples, not the data itself.
2. When the patch needs to find the samples , can search in folder (select folder) be added as an option ? I know its a lazy option, Calle, but it would greatly improve the user experience for those who just want to plug and play. Point to the folder and go !
The present method locating the first asked sample is a little tough for some since its often hard to locate the asked sample in a multi-gig library.
I would like to remind people that the Vista/Win7 file dialog has a nice little "search" box in the upper right corner. Unfortunately there is no (good) way for me to auto-populate it so I concede it is not quite the solution you want.
Yes, I can add an "autosearch", however, this is actually a lot more complex than it sounds. I will not go into why here, but it would mandate quite a lot of changes. Which I do _not_ want to do before releasing gold of the current version.
3. Can a loading / progress bar be added when TX16WX is loading samples. With large sample sets, it often takes a while, and some kind of visual indicator would be useful to know that its not crashed / halted, and just taking its time loading.
??? All loading in the TX should be visually indicated, the small window in the middle of the UI where each file being loaded is written. This does not show up if you load a project obviously, I am also somewhat sceptical to showing dialogs or similar while for example loading the DAW project. That is not really my responsibility .
When I make a performance / program set and share it with someone, they open it and point it to the first correct sample. The rest updates automatically. But whenever they re-open the performance they have to do the same again. They tried saving it but again it asked for the sample when it opens.
That is a bit of a bug. The program etc should be marked as "modified" when path resolving requires asking the user. In any case, this is because the samples are referenced not from the performance, but from the individual program files.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Thanks for the replies. Can the last item be fixed so that the sample locations are updated in the program / performance once they are located ?

I've updated the RC build so that loading program data which needs manual redirection will mark the loaded content as modified -> Doing save should ensure all paths are updated.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:I've updated the RC build so that loading program data which needs manual redirection will mark the loaded content as modified -> Doing save should ensure all paths are updated.
Thanks for that quick fix Calle.

Return to “CWITEC”