many problems with tx16wx in reaper

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, :)

i am running reaper v4.62 64bit and the tx16wx v2.4.0 rc6 64bit. i need to run the beta, because the non-beta is so tiny that i get eye bleedings on my monitor 8)

problem 1: i set some cc in the tx16 settings. lets say cc14 for cutoff parameter. after that i set this also in the mod table. i turn my cc14-knob, i hear the cutoff working, but the "freq" knob on the sampler does not mov a a bit. this means i have to guess where in the cutoff area i am. by the way, why is there no simple cc-learn-midi on the gui for the major parameters? this is like standart nowadays.

problem 2: i load in a 6.8mb wav file, play around with the loop points, suddently i get an error in the tx16, and it crashes the whole reaper.

problem 3: i whant to modulate some paramters trough reaper, with a lfo, but i cant because the tx16 only shows cryptic "param000-param127" and "bypass/wet". why arent the paramaters named?

problem 4: when the tx16 is open on the gui, and i open some eq in the same channel like the tx16, to do some equing, suddently i get audio lags, and i see in the tx16 for like some milliseconds something that looks like a "save to disk" symbol, and some text on the side with something like *.txt
its way to fast, so i cant tell what exactly there stands. thats nearly evertyime i change something in the eq.
(melda MautodynamicEq)

these are some realy major issues for me to work seriously with tx16.its a little pain in the ass this way. but i would love to :)

lfo2k wrote:hello, :)

i am running reaper v4.62 64bit and the tx16wx v2.4.0 rc6 64bit. i need to run the beta, because the non-beta is so tiny that i get eye bleedings on my monitor 8)

problem 1: i set some cc in the tx16 settings. lets say cc14 for cutoff parameter. after that i set this also in the mod table. i turn my cc14-knob, i hear the cutoff working, but the "freq" knob on the sampler does not mov a a bit. this means i have to guess where in the cutoff area i am.

This is because there is no uniform setting to move the knob to. Consider this: You assign LFO 1 to filter frequency, with the LFO set to re-trigger on note on. Now press one MIDI key, then shortly after another. You now have two notes playing which have different values for the filter freqeuncy. Which one would you show? I prefer not to present faulty visualization.
by the way, why is there no simple cc-learn-midi on the gui for the major parameters? this is like standart nowadays.
Is it truly "standart"? Well, again, please consider the difference between _assignment_ and modulation. TX16Wx does _modulation_, not parameter control. That being said, mayhap the modulatable parameters should have a "modulate with" menu, including MIDI CC.
problem 2: i load in a 6.8mb wav file, play around with the loop points, suddently i get an error in the tx16, and it crashes the whole reaper.
I see. This is obviously because 6.8Mb wav files are specially handled with the special "crash when playing with loops" code I added. Sarcasm aside, if you have a file that causes a crash, please send it, along with _detailed_ info on how to reproduce the crash, to me.
problem 3: i whant to modulate some paramters trough reaper, with a lfo, but i cant because the tx16 only shows cryptic "param000-param127" and "bypass/wet". why arent the paramaters named?
Because they are neither exclusive nor actually assigned. You have just said that you will modulate something by reading values from the automation param table. So, if you have two groups, both which modulate something with param000, lets say "Vol" and "Pitch". What should the param be named?
I concede that the TX uses a "last-one-in" approach for assignable automation, so maybe modulation could do this as well. But I also fear this would be even more confusing for modulation, if user does something similar to the case above.
Also the code to handle it would be somewhat nightmarish.
problem 4: when the tx16 is open on the gui, and i open some eq in the same channel like the tx16, to do some equing, suddently i get audio lags, and i see in the tx16 for like some milliseconds something that looks like a "save to disk" symbol, and some text on the side with something like *.txt
its way to fast, so i cant tell what exactly there stands. thats nearly evertyime i change something in the eq.
(melda MautodynamicEq)
Please use the search functions, or google. This has been rehashed to death, and I should make a FAQ about it indeed. This is because Reaper has a somewhat intrusive way of handling undo, in which it asks the plugin for its full state via a FXB dump. As this can be a rather lot of data, that also require locking out the audio processing (consistency and all), it can indeed cause drop-outs etc.
The solution is to simply set TX16Wx to "save minimal undo state" in the plug-in management menu. Since TX16Wx has its own undo queue anyway, in truth it would be best to completely disable REAPER undo for it, but I doubt this can be done yet. 
these are some realy major issues for me to work seriously with tx16.its a little pain in the ass this way. but i would love to :)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

haha :) ok. the whole thing is komplexer as is thought about it.

i will see, if i can recreate the crash with the wave file.

but how am i supposed tho automate the filter cutoff or some other parameter then in reaper, when i dont know, wich paramter cutoff is???

like modulate the assigned cc? but if i dont have a cc assigned to it, and just whant to draw a automation of something.

Set your groups filter to something, lets say LP12, then set the cutoff to the _lowest_ frequency you want it to take, say 200Hz. Now add a modulation slot, say automation parameter 00 -> cutoff, and set range to, let's say 15000Hz. Now you effectively control this groups filter with automation parameter 00 (which can also control other things, for example more than one group or whatnot).

You can also set an automation parameter to be bipolar (50% == value 0, 0% == -1, 100% == 1) and use a _middle_ frequency instead. Or do negative modulation. Or anything.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

ok. i will try that. thank you :)

Hi lfo, I'm having the same problem as yours, the sampler GUI is son tiny that my eyes hurts ! Do you think the beta is different w Reaper ? Also, the sampler gets stuck on saving its program every time i close the user interface. Do you have this problem ?
I am musically schizophrenic

Return to “CWITEC”