This version is taking a lot of time, partly due to the amount of feature requests constantly coming in. And of course because I cannot help addressing them.
But I've also lately been made aware of a lot of bugs in both 2.3 and earlier, as well as brand new ones in 2.4. So these had to be addressed as well. Which I hope I have. And with that said, here is a new build.
One big change in this latest build is that the load/save indicators now include the ability to abort the IO operation. Also, some annoying old UI flicker bugs should be fixed, as well as incompatibilities with bridged hosts.
For Suleiman who has been requesting a "search" option, the "missing file" dialog
on Win7/OSX (not XP) now include the ability to initiate a search for the missing file from the selected folder.
I also made the SF2 importer stereo wave joiner more restrictive so that it deals properly with badly formed sound fonts (I'm looking at you "splendid" piano).
Here is the full change list for 2.4.0 (so far):
- OSX / Windows Vista / Windows 7 "missing file" dialog now includes a "search" option
- Load/Save progress indicator now includes an "Abort" button
- Added a "via" cross modulation parameter to modulation entries, allowing control of modulation strength by other modulator
- Added selectable round-robin source for wave matrix / group switcher
- Added "toggle" trigger mode
- Added large UI skin
- Added import of EXS format instruments
- Added import of AKP format instruments
- Added 6db low/high pass filter
- Added Direct Midi CC as modulation source
- Added support for VST2 micro tuning
- Added optional support for bank select to address more than 128 programs via MIDI program change
- Added optional program/performance number display in drop down selectors
- Skins now handle CSS "import"
- UI size is now constrained by minimum size of applied skin
- UI skins loading time improved
- Default skin + graphics are now delivered as external files as well as resources.
- SFZ import now honours Midi CC trigger switch
- Fixed issue where editing wave matrix source settings was applied to all objects, not just selected.
- Fixed import of Soundfonts with non-symmetric/broken stereo pair definitions
- Fixed CoreObject leaks and errors on OSX
- Fixed COM leaks and errors on Windows
- Fixed host not notified on performance change
- Fixed crash when running in bridged mode in some hosts