Loading sounds with text and xml

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am interested in learning how to load sound files via text/xml. Can someone point me in the right direction with this.

<whoopsie, disregard>
Last edited by EvilDragon on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmmm...seems easy enough......I will need help with flux capacitor however.

Excuse me, is this thread just bogus, if so I will lock it. Dragon, you seem to have written something rather out of character for this forum (wrong thread?). Would you please remove your post?
Rcl, I don't understand your question, and I certainly don't understand your last comment.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

LOL, what the hell has happened here.

I have posted this to a thread in Effects about Softube 50% sale... first it got removed, then I find it here. A barfup of forum software, perhaps?!

I apologize for this (even though I SWEAR it was in the Effects subforum, not here!!). Since KvR forum doesn't allow removing posts completely, I have edited out the post at least.

I was looking for some start up tips for learning how to load samples via text using the xml files. I started off by opening the txperf file and try to evaluate its contents. It didn't bring much. However opening a txprog gave more insight. I think I can find my way but any help or tips would be appreciated.

I assumed EDs post was miss placed. It seemed so far off topic that it dictated one of the same.

I figured sooner or later it would make it back on track.

Thanks for your patience Callie.

You should look at the XSD (XML schemas) installed with the documentation. They contain the grammar of the txprog files, as well as (hopefully) useful descriptions on the elements and attributes. Some knowledge of XML is however required. ;-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

It was pretty simple even for me :)

I just zoned in to the parts I needed to manipulate.

So for example , I mapped out a velocity layered snare center articulation (close mic) and a snare rim articulation (close mic). I saved it as a program.

To quickly get a program going that has the corresponding overhead mics going :

I copy the program "Snare_Close.txprog" and rename the copy as "Snare_OH.txprog". I then open the file in wordpad and change the name of the program in the header to the file name.

I then use replace all to replace / update the path names accordingly. I do the same for the wav filenames. Save the changes, Open in tx16wx...and voila !!!

If the samples are properly named and placed (which is usally the case for any sane sampler conetnt maker), that is all it takes :)

Thanks guys,

It is a little more clear now. The first file I opeñed was a txperf. I opened it with libre office. For some reason it does not look the same as in a simple text editor.

Then following your suggestions over on the Reaper forums, I opened a txprog with note pad. It looked to be more like what I was expecting. However I still didn't see the sample paths. That is because they were loaded in with the matrix. After opening the txmatrix file the sample paths were revealed. Now it all makes sense.

I really don't know if loading samples this way would increase work flow. I really enjoy the GUI and it is quite fast. But I will definitely try it out.

Well, for the advanced user at least it makes it possible to write programs or scripts to build boilerplate program data for libraries etc. Of course, if you are savvy you can also make your own format converters etc.

And, to make a point I've made quite a few times before, iff, for some reason you are unable to use the TX anymore (aliens attack and kill me, destroy all copies of the software/code, whatever), you can at least salvage your program library, since, tadaaa, it is not obfuscated or encrypted or similar (I am looking at you, almost every other sampler in the universe!).
So, you remain reasonably future safe.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

That is one of the main reasons this is my sampler of choice.

I clearly see the advantage in many ways. I am in no way savy when it comes to things like this but I like to learn and understand.

Like Muslimpunk, the fact that you chose an open format was key in my choosing the TX16wx. Having older libraries of exs24 and SFZ, it is a real treat to go to one sampler for all.

Looking forward to sampling an 87 Music man Stingray bass as soon as I develop a split/velocity strategy.

Return to “CWITEC”