Q: Keyboard Mapper and selecting Groups

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the Keyboard Mapper graph area:
  • Click selects a single Group,
    Ctrl+click another Group selects that single Group, deselecting the preiously-selected Group,
    Shift+click another Group adds that Group to the selection.
In the Keyboard Mapper list area:
  • Click selects a single Group,
    Ctrl+click another Group adds that Group to the selection,
    Shift+click another Group selects a contiguous series of Groups.
This difference in behaviour is confusing. Can the behaviour in the graph area be made the same as that in the list area?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

In the graph area, ctrl-click has no meaning at all.
In lists, ctrl-clicking add/removes from selection with just the clicked element. Shift-clicking instead adds/removes selection of a range, based on last clicked elemtent/selection range. This is the standard behaviour of lists on most UI platforms. I guess ctrl-click could also add to selection in graph area, but behaviour would not be the same. Since selection "range" is somewhat vague (and difficult to use) in a segment with more than one dimension.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

My ideas for the graph area are:
-- Ctrl+click adds / removes the clicked Group to the selected Groups.
-- Shift+click selects all the Groups between the clicked Group and the last (first?) clicked Group (regardless of the low / high velocities

I think that that would make the behaviours consistent. In my opinion, clicking / Ctrl+clicking/ Shift+clicking particular groups in the list area or in the graph area should produce the same results.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “CWITEC”