Programming the pads from an Oxygen 25

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgive my lack of knowledge in advance. Throwing myself into this stuff and I am not a MIDI wiz. But I am learning and willing to learn much more.

I am using an M-Audio Oxygen 25. DAW is Reaper. Super simple to drag wav files into the TX16Wx keyboard map and get rolling quickly. :tu:

But I want to start utilizing the 8 small drum pads on the Oxygen 25 to run samples as well.

Any ideas for easiest way to achieve?

Thanks.

Hello mingusmonk and welcome to the forum.

OK, from what you have said you have got your (8?) samples into TX16Wx and mapped to 8 notes on the keyboard. "All" you need to do now is set the Oxygen drum pads to send the same 8 notes to Reaper.

The details should be in the Oxygen User Guide.

And, just for reference, in Reaper:
-- enable the keyboard as a MIDI Input device
-- select it as the track's Input device, select "All" channels,
-- make sure that Input Monitoring is enabled
-- turn on Record Arm
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks for that quick reply.

Correct description. I already had the keys of the Oxygen 25 mapped and working in Reaper/TX16Wx and wanted to use the pads for 8 of the wav samples.

Your tips on the Reaper side I already had in place. So it was good to know that I was on the right path. I was seeing the signal from Oxygen 25 pads into Reaper but could not figure out why not in TX16Wx. M Audio Documentation showed me what keys/notes the pads should signal, but I wasn't seeing anything happen in TX.

Then I figured out that I was using just one Channel Slot in TX and that was Channel 1. Keys are sending via Channel 1. Pads are Channel 10. I added a second slot for Channel 10 and got it working fine.

Thanks again!

I'll probably be back again. :dog:

dJust to add on to the tale of a newbie. I was experiencing significant latency on those pads. I made some hardware/OS changes (disabled NIC and Wireless as well as ACPI battery monitoring) but was still struggling. This is being used for live effects samples.

Downloaded ASIOS For All. Reduced buffer to the minimum and now we are flying right.

Really enjoying this package now.

This is exactly the question and issue I was having, though with an Arturia MINILAB.. Turned out to be the same solution! Thanks Internet (mingusmonk)!

Another option would be to just switch the TRX's midi inputs to "omni" (left hand "Main" panel > Programs tab > MIDI>omni ) . Though I think I'll build the second Channel like you so not to be trigger happy. Or maybe not.. hm...

The Arturia comes with its own pretty great software that utilizes the pads and everything, so best to not change those send channels on the hardware side.

Return to “CWITEC”