Love sampler but flickering which makes it unusable

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Each sound graphic file flickering almost like stroboscope. Sounds ok but editor is pain to watch WHICH MAKES it unusable. This is some kind of error. I dont have it on old version of plugin from (2014-09-11 17:33:0) Each version after that version is flickering so i have to use alternative sampleers - but i dont want to. Windows XP here.

Try disabling hardware accelleration in Setup?

Same problem here, Win XP too (disabling hardware accelleration didn't help).

Hey. This flickering stuff depending on version of TX16WX. Each version after i mentioned makes flickering which makes it unusable. Its version problem - not acceleration i guess..

I can confirm the same problems reported by X_Tech: Win XP Pro,Toshiba DualCore, 2Giga Ram, latest TX16Xx version (2.4.1): I get a constant flickering on the waveform editor and overall a very visible low refresh on any panel.

Enabling or disabling accelleration in TX setup has no effect on this.

The sound is unaffected but editing the waveform is almost impossible.

If I can help I'm more than happy performing any test you need (or provide a small video of the issue). Let me know if you need it.

Stefano

p.s.
BTW, since it's my first post here: GREAT GREAT Product. I'll buy the pro version as soon as this flickering problem has gone!

So, in no particular order:
  1. Hardware acceleration only applies on Direct2D capable windows versions, i.e. Vista+.
  2. XP is no longer supported for end users by Microsoft. I _really_ suggest you update your machines. The argument "but everything works" will eventually just make you vulnerable to a security attack that noone will patch a solution for. As a developer there is a plethora of other reasons I want XP phased out, all having to do with API and tool support of course.
    TX16Wx still nominally supports WinXP, but version 3 will not. Nor will a version 2.5 if there is one.
  3. The bug reported is still valid, and even if the main source of the issue was an XP-only double buffering problem, it also exposed another, real, cross platform update bug that I'm happy to have fixed as well.
So, to finish up. Bug found, verified and fixed. New hotfix version 2.4.1g is available in the download section.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:So, in no particular order:
  1. Hardware acceleration only applies on Direct2D capable windows versions, i.e. Vista+.
  2. XP is no longer supported for end users by Microsoft. I _really_ suggest you update your machines. The argument "but everything works" will eventually just make you vulnerable to a security attack that noone will patch a solution for. As a developer there is a plethora of other reasons I want XP phased out, all having to do with API and tool support of course.
    TX16Wx still nominally supports WinXP, but version 3 will not. Nor will a version 2.5 if there is one.
  3. The bug reported is still valid, and even if the main source of the issue was an XP-only double buffering problem, it also exposed another, real, cross platform update bug that I'm happy to have fixed as well.
So, to finish up. Bug found, verified and fixed. New hotfix version 2.4.1g is available in the download section.
Cheers
/C
Simply amazing attitude. Just glad I bought the full version to support the dev ;)

- Mario

elcallio wrote: So, to finish up. Bug found, verified and fixed. New hotfix version 2.4.1g is available in the download section.

That's fixed it! Many thanks :tu:

Just installed the 2.4.1g version, flickering resolved!
Many many thanks!

I'm going to buy the pro version, it's really really a powerful beast!!!

Stefano

FINALLYYYY!!!! Yeah, brings back the joy of sampling! The flickering is gone!!!! YES! Thank you!

Return to “CWITEC”