tx16wx installation problem (Mac)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I was directed to this forum from another one.

I am looking for CALLE for help installing tx16wx.

Firstly I am running OSX 10.9.5. (MBP). My DAW is Logic (9.1.8)

I downloaded and installed boththe AU version and VST version of the TX sampler. I can't find any files anywhere on my computer to say that it is on my system. (I was looking for a readme or help file)

At the beginning of this problem Logic couldn't even find it. However it does now. But it either fails or crashes the audio units scan, I had it running for 2 minutes (even though it failed scan, and said "incompatible instrument) in the AU list in Logic. Then it crashed.

Where is it?

Do I need to completely uninstall to do a clean install?

I downloaded the free version with a strong view to buying the full package after watching videos on youtube. This is still my goal but obviously need to sort tis problem first.

Thanks.

Are there any of the developers or anything that could help me out?

I only have access to Logic X, but there TX16Wx works fine (OSX 10.9.5).
What version of TX16Wx did you install?
Did you try running auval from command line to check the status of the component?

auval -v aumu TX16 CWIT

What does that say?

I highly doubt reinstalling anything does much difference.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks for the reply. A user from a different forum told me it works fine for him aswell, on the same version of Logic I have but the previous OSX to me.

What version of TX16Wx did you install? Both!! I know its the AU version I need it but when it didnt work I just tried the other one. I must have downloaded and installed both versions 4 times each out of frustration.

Did you try running auval from command line to check the status of the component? - I have no idea how to do this Im afraid. Im guessing terminal but that's all I got. Could you help?
auval -v aumu TX16 CWI

Has there been any resolution to this? I'm trying to install on a Macbook Pro, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, running OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks). I have attempted to install the AU (32 bit) version. It says that it installs successfully, but there is no indication anywhere that it has been installed. Having read the previous posts, I'm not sure how to run auval from the command line (I'm fairly tech literate, but not close to being an expert by any means). Please help. Thank you.

Open Terminal from Applications/Utilities, paste the line from above and hit return. You'll get a load of text scrolling past but if it's there it should end saying "AU VALIDATION SUCCEEDED". If not something has gone wrong.

Paste this:

auval -v aumu TX16 CWIT

TX16Wx on OSX is located in:

AU: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
VST: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

I have heard more than one user who installed the VST package instead of the AU one, so make sure which one you installed.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

I thought this was a standalone sampler and editor. All I'm seeing is a plugin, and no application. Am I missing something? Thank you.

No, TX16Wx is a plug-in (like most virtual instruments). This is pretty clearly stated on the home page.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Return to “CWITEC”