TX2SFZ Program converter for TX16WX sampleprograms to SFZ standard

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TX2SFZ

Please stop discussions on SFZ or other software in this forum. If you want to use another sampler, feel free to do so, but don't pollute this forum, which is intended for TX16Wx support.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:If you want to use another sampler, feel free to do so, but don't pollute this forum
Sorry to pollute, but please realise that neither of the two software I suggested were samplers. They are utilities to map sample folders to SFZ so they could be more easily imported into TX16WX. I was contributing to this thread on TX2SFZ, asking if there was a Mac option, and providing options if that was not possible. However, I deleted those posts.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Ok, fair enough, but if you want to import samples easily, the normal drag-and-drop mapping and/or the token based mapper (pro) might be a more immediate solution.
Sorry to be testy.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Token-based is certainly much more comprehensive. Perhaps it is easier than a dedicated utility for mapping big libraries with sample groups having many variations.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

One of the advantages of TX16WX is the open XML format for instrument definitions. It suggests that interoperability is thought to be a good thing. In fact, that's the feature that led me here in the first place.

Thanks rrichard63!
What is the main advantage of the xml schema to you?
I want a simple way to import folders with thousands of grouped samples having different naming conventions, e.g. for random-robin layers plus instrument groups. For example, a choir is named:
Mal_Aaa_40_E2_Var01.aif
Mal_Aaa_40_E2_Var02.aif
Mal_Aaa_40_E2_Var03.aif
Mal_Aaa_40_E2_Var04.aif
Mal_Aaa_40_E2_Var05.aif
Mal=male; Aaa is the vowel sound, 40 is midi note E2, and Var01-05 are the random variations.
I want to normalise them to different dB (depending on male/female) and keyswitch between vowels.
Is token mapping + xml schema flexible enough for that?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I'd have to research and think about your question, because my original interest was going in the opposite direction from yours -- using TX16WX as a mechanism for creating SFZ instruments. At the time, I wasn't able to find any SFZ editors worth using. If I understand you correctly, you'd like to convert SFZ instruments to TX16WX.

If you're a programmer, XML is very easy to translate to and from (as is SFZ). I used to be a programmer, and remember enough to know that it's doable but not enough to write the code myself without a long detour to relearn a programming language.

I also want to create instruments, using libraries with files that are named, but mapped to other sampler formats. I will investigate token-based auto mapping.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

The token based auto mapper lets you dedicate different parts of the sample name to indicate aspects of the mapping (root,lo/hi key/vel etc). You can then batch X samples into a layout. It also can save presets, so if you have a number of different libraries with different naming conventions, you can make quick-to-access presets for mapping each.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Super cool! I've been looking for a sampler to map home made waves and this blows my mind. Even the thought that goes into mousewheel to make the keyboard so you can see better. The ability to export to XML-based output is the insurance policy I need that no other sampler I could afford could do. So I'll buy this pretty soon and gloat back :-). Superb job you all!

I would love to have that. I got tons of sfz that won't load instantly and need to find the samples one by one, annoying! This is my first post here, so I am not sure how that works with sending, but I guess it can be done through my name here? Thanks already! :)

Ah, I forgot, this thread. I will post updates here in the future. I changed some small things in Version 35. Number of versions will correspond to TX16WX version which it is working with in the future, as there are several versions which only work with the corresponding TX16WX version.

And yes, I am not a PRO with these things, so my conversion done in RUBY is more complicated than it should be, which makes it very sensitive for changes in new versions. My code becomes more tidy with every new version. Maybe someday I will get the whole picture to do a more reliable version.

After the first version converted really many parameters which was very cool, I reduced following versions to the basic structure in the SFZ format.

http://www.derknott.de/tx2sfz35.zip

Edit 23.4.: Some major improvements have been added since I wrote this last post, newest version is allready uploaded.

Return to “CWITEC”