Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

TX16wX ,unsupported format??

Louispb
KVRer

3 posts since 2 Jan, 2017

Postby Louispb; Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:36 am TX16wX ,unsupported format??

Hi. I got a problem: I'm using the TX16wX in garage band (Mac) and when I drag a file (wav., aiff, or what ever) into the wave editor of the plug-in, there is a error message. Its saying: -Unsupported format. But thats weird because there is some sounds that I can drag and drop without problem but for some reasons, this one doesn't work!! I don't understand please [color=#0040FF]help[/color] me :) :?: :?: :?: :wink: :wink: :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elcallio
KVRian

1278 posts since 27 May, 2005, from Stockholm

Postby elcallio; Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:24 am Re: TX16wX ,unsupported format??

It means pretty much what it says. My guess is that the files you are trying to load are either damaged in some way that TX does not handle, or uses a codec that is not handled.
If you provide a few of the failing files I can look at them and give a better answer, and if its a TX error, maybe a fix.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/
Louispb
KVRer

Postby Louispb; Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:17 pm Re: TX16wX ,unsupported format??

Thanks for the reply and OK yeah I understand. I convert a video from youtube to get the audio file. Maybe thats why the plug-in do not accept it?? Because its "damaged".?
elcallio
KVRian

1278 posts since 27 May, 2005, from Stockholm

Postby elcallio; Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:35 pm Re: TX16wX ,unsupported format??

Or, more likely, its using an unsupported encoding, such as mp3/mp4. Most youtube rippers will get audio as either AAC, mp4a or mp3. Neither is a supported format. Make sure the wave file is a PCM wav or AIFF.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/
rrichard63
KVRist

187 posts since 14 Oct, 2013, from San Francisco Bay Aea

Postby rrichard63; Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:21 am Re: TX16wX ,unsupported format??

There are some programs that use the filename extension ".wav" even though the files they read/write are not actually in standard .wav format and can't be opened in other programs. If I recall correctly, Toontrack is an example. If I found a Youtube ripper that did this, I wouldn't want to use it.
Louispb
KVRer

Postby Louispb; Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:03 pm Re: TX16wX ,unsupported format??

Sorry im late but yeah I just tried to convert the file in a online audio converter and now, it works! Thanks for you help man and I hope that the plug-in will work correctly :))

Moderator: elcallio

Return to CWITEC