newbie confusion

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Friends,

Tried to find an answer to this, but am trying to get a multi timbral program saved from a composite of sf2 files. Saving the program only saves one of the slots. Bug? Means that say three slots are loaded and tweaked to near perfection. Save the program. Reload the program and only one slot is preserved. Anything else is discarded. Using this in Reaper, and at least the profile is saved on restart, but not in the program file.

Nothing worse than an ignorant newbie, but sometimes a naive perspective is not that bad. The program is seriously lacking export functions to some basic file standard like sfx. Have seen posts about this and a warriors response to offer a converter. Have not tried this yet, but many thanks in advance.

The file browser needs a more convenient way to back track up the folder tree instead of having to start from the root drive each time you move to a different file. Just a time saver.

Can't get the LFO modulation to do anything, looking to create a nice steel guitar effect like in SampleLord. This is probably my lack of understanding and can likely work it out on my own.

Inspired with this program because of the ease of setting ranges in a slot and manipulating the overlaps. Mellotron freak here and TX16 the finest tool to shift ranges outside the 32 note limit on the original.

Thank you for advice,
John

JohnCKenn wrote:Friends,

Tried to find an answer to this, but am trying to get a multi timbral program saved from a composite of sf2 files. Saving the program only saves one of the slots. Bug? Means that say three slots are loaded and tweaked to near perfection. Save the program. Reload the program and only one slot is preserved. Anything else is discarded. Using this in Reaper, and at least the profile is saved on restart, but not in the program file.

A program is exactly that, a single mapping of groups and samples. Saving a program does actually not even save the slot, since the slot is the application of (volume, pan, Midi Ch, send fx etc) of a program.
You are looking for saving a Performance, which is X programs and Y program slots, and their arrangement.
Or saving the whole Bank, which is the saving of the full setup state, including N Performances.
Nothing worse than an ignorant newbie, but sometimes a naive perspective is not that bad. The program is seriously lacking export functions to some basic file standard like sfx. Have seen posts about this and a warriors response to offer a converter. Have not tried this yet, but many thanks in advance.
Just to be curious (and just assuming you mean SFZ, which btw is a horrible mess of a format designed by monkeys), just how many professional product saves into non-native formats? And why would I as a developer bother supporting generating what is essentially files for competing products? And all the bug reports associated with whatever non-compatibilities would arise?
TX16Wx generates documented, human-readable, unencrypted program data files. Anyone can convert or manipulate it. As a product, it is still the most open and user-empowering one available. If I may say so myself.
The file browser needs a more convenient way to back track up the folder tree instead of having to start from the root drive each time you move to a different file. Just a time saver.
You mean like the "go to parent directory" button on the top right side?
Can't get the LFO modulation to do anything, looking to create a nice steel guitar effect like in SampleLord. This is probably my lack of understanding and can likely work it out on my own.
You need to actually map the LFO somewhere, and set both LFO and modulation strength. And for this example, you probably want to set a VIA parameter using MOD Wheel or something.
Inspired with this program because of the ease of setting ranges in a slot and manipulating the overlaps. Mellotron freak here and TX16 the finest tool to shift ranges outside the 32 note limit on the original.

Thank you for advice,
John
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thank you Elcallio,

Really a nice sampler.

Reason I was looking for export options is to use the files in other programs I've used for a long time, cross communication, but I do see your point about burning resources on someone else's format.

Thank you also for clarification on the other functions.

John

Return to “CWITEC”