Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

How does TX16 compare to EXS24?

lzap
KVRist

39 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Postby lzap; Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:46 am How does TX16 compare to EXS24?

Hello,

I use Garageband and Mainstage3 and I have this huge EXS library from MS3/LogicX. Recently got Tracktion T7 and was wondering how good is EXS24 support in TX16. Loaded few instruments and so far so good, mostly interested in LogicX pianos.

Are there any EXS features which TX16 does not implement? Suggestions? Experiences?
elcallio
KVRian

1286 posts since 27 May, 2005, from Stockholm

Postby elcallio; Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:45 am Re: How does TX16 compare to EXS24?

Not sure how to answer this one. EXS24 uses a proprietary format, so the importer is based on reverse engineering by myself and some other generous people on the interwebs. In general, it imports most of the important aspects of a preset, but since there is no way of really knowing about those parts not rev.enged, exactly how good it is is kinda impossible to say. I suggest trying it with your favourite presets. If it works satisfactory, hooray. :-)

As for features, EXS24 comes with a few filters that are slightly different, there might be some other things. To be honest, I've never really used the plugin, I just implemented the loader. Someone else might have better insights.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

203 posts since 21 Apr, 2017

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Mon May 29, 2017 4:12 am Re: How does TX16 compare to EXS24?

I have had good experience in loading EX24 instruments, Dont know if they are exact because I dont have a Mac any more but they are definitely usable.

Moderator: elcallio

Return to CWITEC