Saving txperf with matrix changes ?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have a txperf called drum_sticks.

I save it as a txperf called drum_brushes. And then change the matrices by renaming them and replacing thr samples.

But when i open up the drum_sticks txperf it reflects the changes i made in the drum_brushes txperf.

And yes, i do save the modified and retitled matrices.

Please help!

Did you rename and replace the program as well? This is where the actual reference to matrix files sits. Performances do not really know about matrices.
If I create a perf+prog+matrix, A.txperf, B.txprog, C.txmatrix, save them to folder F, then in TX16Wx, rename (just in the combo boxes) each item A-1, B-1, C-1 respectively, then re-save the performance (remember copy content), I get the expected result, i.e. A-1, B-1, C-1 each reference each other, and the old files, A, B, C themselves respectively.
_But_ had I kept the B program, I would have ended up with B referencing C-1, and thus when loading both A and A-1, the matrix would be C-1.

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:Did you rename and replace the program as well? This is where the actual reference to matrix files sits. Performances do not really know about matrices.
If I create a perf+prog+matrix, A.txperf, B.txprog, C.txmatrix, save them to folder F, then in TX16Wx, rename (just in the combo boxes) each item A-1, B-1, C-1 respectively, then re-save the performance (remember copy content), I get the expected result, i.e. A-1, B-1, C-1 each reference each other, and the old files, A, B, C themselves respectively.
_But_ had I kept the B program, I would have ended up with B referencing C-1, and thus when loading both A and A-1, the matrix would be C-1.

Cheers
/C
Aaaaaaaah ! So stoopid of me. Thank you !

I will probably not use copy content though, instead doing a "save as" for each changed prog file. The copy content option saves all samples in one folder and updates the links in each file to reflect the same. Then I have to delete that consolidated sample folder and then find /assign each matrix to the correct folder / file when i re-load the performance. The nature of my work needs sample folder structure intact.

Cheers !

Return to “CWITEC”