Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Saving txperf with matrix changes ?

Burzukh_Studios
KVRian

633 posts since 24 Aug, 2011, from Melbourne , Australia

Postby Burzukh_Studios; Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:49 pm Saving txperf with matrix changes ?

Hi,

I have a txperf called drum_sticks.

I save it as a txperf called drum_brushes. And then change the matrices by renaming them and replacing thr samples.

But when i open up the drum_sticks txperf it reflects the changes i made in the drum_brushes txperf.

And yes, i do save the modified and retitled matrices.

Please help!
elcallio
KVRian

1245 posts since 27 May, 2005, from Stockholm

Postby elcallio; Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:01 am Re: Saving txperf with matrix changes ?

Did you rename and replace the program as well? This is where the actual reference to matrix files sits. Performances do not really know about matrices.
If I create a perf+prog+matrix, A.txperf, B.txprog, C.txmatrix, save them to folder F, then in TX16Wx, rename (just in the combo boxes) each item A-1, B-1, C-1 respectively, then re-save the performance (remember copy content), I get the expected result, i.e. A-1, B-1, C-1 each reference each other, and the old files, A, B, C themselves respectively.
_But_ had I kept the B program, I would have ended up with B referencing C-1, and thus when loading both A and A-1, the matrix would be C-1.

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/
Burzukh_Studios
KVRian

633 posts since 24 Aug, 2011, from Melbourne , Australia

Postby Burzukh_Studios; Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:56 am Re: Saving txperf with matrix changes ?

elcallio wrote:Did you rename and replace the program as well? This is where the actual reference to matrix files sits. Performances do not really know about matrices.
If I create a perf+prog+matrix, A.txperf, B.txprog, C.txmatrix, save them to folder F, then in TX16Wx, rename (just in the combo boxes) each item A-1, B-1, C-1 respectively, then re-save the performance (remember copy content), I get the expected result, i.e. A-1, B-1, C-1 each reference each other, and the old files, A, B, C themselves respectively.
_But_ had I kept the B program, I would have ended up with B referencing C-1, and thus when loading both A and A-1, the matrix would be C-1.

Cheers
/C

Aaaaaaaah ! So stoopid of me. Thank you !

I will probably not use copy content though, instead doing a "save as" for each changed prog file. The copy content option saves all samples in one folder and updates the links in each file to reflect the same. Then I have to delete that consolidated sample folder and then find /assign each matrix to the correct folder / file when i re-load the performance. The nature of my work needs sample folder structure intact.

Cheers !

Moderator: elcallio

Return to CWITEC