Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Is trigger latching possible?

Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

211 posts since 21 Apr, 2017

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:43 am Is trigger latching possible?

With toggle is plays a continuous loop when a key is pressed and the turns off when you press the key. Is there a way to keep a loop playing and be able to retrigger loop start at every new press.?
elcallio
KVRian

1287 posts since 27 May, 2005, from Stockholm

Postby elcallio; Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:00 am Re: Is trigger latching possible?

You can probably set something like this up using key switching and/or choke groups, mapping different groups with start offset to zero for one, and loop start for the other.

Like:
* Create a group with the a single split mapping the sample at C3. Set to toggle mode.
* Copy the group to C#3, then adjust group start to ~loop start position. Put both groups into the same choke group.
* Copy second group to D3.

Now, if you play C3, you will start playing. Hitting C#3 will choke C3, and toggle playing from loop start, and then hitting D3 will do the same again, i.e. re-trigger, then hit C#3 next time to re-trigger once more.

Doing the same on a single key raises the question: How would you ever make the sample stop playing?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

211 posts since 21 Apr, 2017

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:09 am Re: Is trigger latching possible?

elcallio wrote:Doing the same on a single key raises the question: How would you ever make the sample stop playing?

Good point. I guess you could set up an empty split on a choke group to kill it.

I am having a blast with this thing. Thank you so much for maintaining it. The record sample feature seems redundant on the surface but really makes for faster more enjoyable experience.

Moderator: elcallio

Return to CWITEC