How to change the volume of a program?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it sounds stupid but how do you change the volume of a program so that when you reload it, it will still have the new volume?

I know you can change the slot volume but if later you load an other program it will also sound at the modified volume so that's no good.

The other way I can think of is by changing the volume for each of the groups inside the program but what happens if this is a program with a large number of groups? This could end easily end up being a large amount of work.

How does everybody else do it?

1 Select all the Groups ( by click and drag) in the Keyboard Mapper
2 Change the Volume Sound Control
3 Resave the program

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/EQXIRrN.png
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but if there are three groups and each has different volume, what happens after following the instructions is that all three groups end up having the same volume.

The way to avoid that is I guess would be be change the volume on each group one by one but this can get quite tedious. There must be a simpler way.

Yes, if the volumes of the groups are different, then my idea will not work
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hi,
in the program slot there is a blue (green in the Darkstar's pic) triangle. That's the volume control. Just drag it.
Regards,
Miguel
There are 10 types of people: those who do understand binary and those who do not.

Yea, the problem is that then you are not changing the volume of the program. You are changing the volume of the slot.

If you lower the volume of the slot to 10 and then you select an other program the new program will sound at volume 10. I would like each program to have it's own volume and that it keeps it.

Lets say I have a piano program that is much softer than the rest of sounds in the bank. I would like to be able to correct the volume and then save the program with the new volume so that it will sound more or less like the rest of programs and I don't have to adjust the volume every time I select this program.

Thanks for your help anyway.

While "program volume" should be a part of the mixing setup (and thus is in the slot), if you have a group that should be relatively less loud, just adjust its sound setting volume. You can even change the individual sample/split attenuation if you prefer (which is perhaps a better way to deal with loud/silent samples.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Yea If that's what you mean I've been boosting/damping the actual sample but I thought I might be doing something stupid.

I thought there might be something like a master group whose volume, pan, etc.. would affect all its sub groups.

Thanks for responding,

Hi,
That would be great for the program to have its own pan/volume settings and let the slot have just multitimbral settings such as midi chanel.
There are 10 types of people: those who do understand binary and those who do not.

No, It would not. A program should in all ideal cases be at 0 dB and full center stereo (or mono). Any volume adjustments should always be a part of mixing, not inherent in the program. Doing so would be akin to "master the record less loud - I don't want to wake my neighbors when I play it".

And also, you have volume and pan in the group(s). You can adjust to your hearts content. If you need to do it more than once, you are probably doing it wrong.

In TXv3 you have the option of letting several groups share a single sound-settings block (amp, pan, filter etc), as well as do fully free region mapping inside a group, which might be more in line with the workflow you envision. And, no, there is no release date yet.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”