Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Questions about the Technopipes

keir@epipes.co.uk
KVRer

13 posts since 19 May, 2009, from Scotland

Postby keir@epipes.co.uk; Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 am Questions about the Technopipes

Here is the place to post any queries you may have about the Technopipes.
keir@epipes.co.uk
KVRer

Postby keir@epipes.co.uk; Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 am

One question that often arises about the Technopipes is whether there is an Uilleann Pipe version. Sadly there is no Uilleann Pipe specific Technopipes to date. However, with Studio Piper you can play an Uilleann Pipe sound through your PC or Mac using the Technopipes as the controller.
TW1
KVRer

1 post since 27 Mar, 2014

Postby TW1; Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 am Technopipes Northumbrian version

Hello Keir,

I've abandoned the GHBP technopipe version but stay with the NP.

Is there an easy way of using the MIDI output from the NP technopipe to run Studio Piper?

....yes, I get an occasional note (in a dot & carry sort of way) but not a note sequence. I set the scale to the Scottish Smallpipes after the MIDI connection though I imagine all that the pipe sends is MIDI data so that's probably irrelevent....

Just curious really...

John
keir@epipes.co.uk
KVRer

Postby keir@epipes.co.uk; Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:04 pm Re: Questions about the Technopipes

Hi John,

The NSP Technopipes MIDI output should match with Studio Piper without the need for any adjustments. Make sure you have not altered the input key (done by playing an open E and touching one of the back contacts). The easiest way to be certain you are in the default key is to enact a return to factory settings (see Technopipes manual).

Cheers,

Keir

Moderator: keir@epipes.co.uk

Return to ePipes