Friedlander Violin - 1.01 Update is OUT along with new Walk-through(s)

Official support for: embertone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Friedlander Violin

Hey people!

Here's a new Walk-through video that we just posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7akUpXOH ... e=youtu.be

(we'll be posting more of these over the next few days)

Also, our solo violin has been updated to address some issues and to add some new features:
====================
Embertone Friedlander Violin 1.01 Update/BugFix

Bug fixes/Issues addressed
- Streamline programming and instrument workflow to address all the CPU issues!
(Now the instrument can easily be used in real-time at low audio buffer settings)
- Individual zone tweaks
- Adjust portamento curves for a smoother transition sound
- Restructure the entire instrument at the group level to further cut down CPU usage
- The interface is now clearer, brighter, more readable
- When staccato is controlled by velocity, Dynamic CC no longer has an effect on the sound
- Remove speed controls in patches that don't apply (Lo RAM and No Porta Speed)
- Set the Intonation knob to higher value
- Adjust stereo field for the staccatos

New features
- Dynamic staccato length! (controlled either by velocity or CC)
- Added the option to alter portamento speed by CC or velocity!
====================

All current users should have been emailed this update, and all new purchasers will automatically receive v1.01.

Thanks!

-Alex and Jon
EMBERTONE

Obsessive Instrument Sampling

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

Thanks again for a fantastic library! Also of note, Touch OSC for android was updated and can load layouts now. It works flawlessly with the Friedlander Violin update and the included layout.
Check out my latest single Hostile Takeover

Does the violin require a touch control surface to achieve max results?

No, not really.

thanks for reply

I only plan to use keyboard/midi guitar with it.

Iostream wrote:Thanks again for a fantastic library! Also of note, Touch OSC for android was updated and can load layouts now. It works flawlessly with the Friedlander Violin update and the included layout.
IOStream - that is fantastic news, thank you for posting this :)

Musical Gym, to elaborate on the email I sent... Touch OSC will allow you to control many parameters for the violin all at once, but you can achieve the same (and even better) results without this real-time performance aide. It just takes tweaking lots of CC lanes to achieve EXACTLY the dynamics, vibrato speed/depth (and lots of other elements) you want. Our goal with the instrument was to make it as flexible as we knew how!

Thanks!

-Alex
EMBERTONE

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

embertone wrote:Touch OSC will allow you to control many parameters for the violin all at once, but you can achieve the same (and even better) results without this real-time performance aide. It just takes tweaking lots of CC lanes to achieve EXACTLY the dynamics, vibrato speed/depth (and lots of other elements) you want.
-Alex
Thanks Alex. Does one of your videos cover the tweaking of CC lanes?

(On a side note, will the new cello require the latest version of Kontakt 5?
I just found out I can't update to the latest version until I make the switch to Windows 7.)

I had your violin on my wish list for some time now, but when I read that the legato only has 1 velocity layer I was turned off. Instruments with dynamic crossfades are so good, I really don't want to miss this feature ever again. I don't want to do tricks and tedious programing to circumvent that there is only one layer (and I doubt that you can simulate the real pp or ff of a violin using only mf samples).
Any chance that dynamic xfades will be added in the future?

Sorry, we definitely won't be doing dynamic crossfades with the violin - OR the cello for that matter. HOWEVER (and this is a big however), we came up with a really nice modeled dynamic that sounds extremely convincing. Listen to any of the demos and you can hear the dynamic swells in the music - that's all one velocity!

And also - though the transition samples (the true legato element) is only recorded at one dynamic, both the violin and the cello have a bunch of different attack possibilities with new notes... "emo" attack, "normal" attack, "immediate" attack and "harsh" attack.

(the violin currently only has 2 attack styles, but will be updated ASAP with new samples)

Thanks,

Alex
EMBERTONE

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

Will current customers and/or Friedlander violin owners get any discount on the upcoming cello?

No sale or bundle at this time, sorry! It's something we'll talk about though. Thanks!
EMBERTONE

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

Thank you

embertone wrote:
the violin currently only has 2 attack styles, but will be updated ASAP with new samples
Great news Alex. Thanks for going back to add new samples to the violin. I noticed the cello will have pizzicato and was thinking it'd be nice if the violin had that as well. Don't know if you intend to add this or have the time/resources to do so, but it will be great if you do (I'm definitely not demanding it though - anything you do to the violin now is just an amazing act of generosity).

Pizz = yes! The samples are already recorded :)
EMBERTONE

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

Excellent! Thank you! :party:

Return to “Embertone”