Acoustica 6 with multitrack editing expected for release in March

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are getting closer to the release of Acoustica 6 which we expect to release in late March this year. One of the major new features in Acoustica 6 will be multitrack editing. The Premium Edition will also include the brand new audio restoration tools from the Acon Digital Restoration Suite. Customers that have bought or buy Acoustica 5 (Standard or Premium Edition) in 2013 are entitled to a free upgrade to the corresponding edition when Acoustica 6 is released.

A glimpse of the new multitrack editor in Acoustica.

Stian

Is there any update on this release?

Also, is there any info on other features that will be added?

I've been using the free version of Acoustica 5 to try out the software, and there are some features missing(?) that I expected to find, so I'm wondering if they're planned for a future release.

Thanks.
All DAWs sound alike... except when they don't.

joeinternet327 wrote:Is there any update on this release?

I've been using the free version of Acoustica 5 to try out the software, and there are some features missing(?) that I expected to find, so I'm wondering if they're planned for a future release.

Thanks.
Of course there are some features missing - it's the FREE version.:wink:

The "Standard" version costs the small amount of $39 and the amazing "Premium" version is only $119.

Check out the full review of the flagship, and you'll quickly realize that there isn't anything that can compare to it, at this price point.

Acon Digital Acoustica 5 Premium Review - Major League Quality, Minor League Price :shock:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Thanks.
Unfortunately, we are a bit later than originally planned, but we should be ready for release in May. Regarding the features you were missing, was there anything in particular you were looking for that is not available in the standard or premium edition? As Charles quite correctly commented, the basic edition is a free alternative and offers only a subset of the features available in the paid editions.

Stian

stian wrote:

Thanks.
Unfortunately, we are a bit later than originally planned, but we should be ready for release in May. Regarding the features you were missing, was there anything in particular you were looking for that is not available in the standard or premium edition? As Charles quite correctly commented, the basic edition is a free alternative and offers only a subset of the features available in the paid editions.

Stian
Thanks for the update.

I based by original question on the free version, but loaded the 2 demos to check, but here are my comments...

- zoom limits between mouse & arrow keys are not consistent, would like them to be
- maximum zoom limits should ideally be increased
- shift+wheel / ctrl+wheel could be added to toggle horizontal / vertical zoom
- there doesn't seem to be a way to directly edit samples, such as the 'pencil tool" found in other apps

The zoom issues would be an improvemnt to an existing feature, but the ability to direct sample edit is (IMO...) kind of expected for this type of app.

I think it might be nice to have more configuration options, but the stuff I just mentioned are (to me) the biggest issues affecting wave editing workflow.

Again, thanks.
All DAWs sound alike... except when they don't.

Thanks for the comments, your feedback is much appreciated.
joeinternet327 wrote: - zoom limits between mouse & arrow keys are not consistent, would like them to be
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by zoom limits. Do you mean the maximum zoom? I just noticed that it is possible to zoom in one step further using the "zoom in" keyboard shortcut than when using the mouse wheel. I'll get that fixed.
joeinternet327 wrote: - maximum zoom limits should ideally be increased
That would be easy to fix.
joeinternet327 wrote: - shift+wheel / ctrl+wheel could be added to toggle horizontal / vertical zoom
That's a great idea, I'll get that implemented as well.
joeinternet327 wrote: - there doesn't seem to be a way to directly edit samples, such as the 'pencil tool" found in other apps
I never quite understood the usefulness of such pencil tools other than trying to fix clicks. Since the interpolation command in Acoustica is a so much better and easier way of accomplishing just that, I never really saw the use. What exactly would you use the pencil tool for? It would definitely be possible to add a pencil tool, but it would be great to understand the possible use cases.

Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”