Acon Digital Restoration Suite for Windows and OS X released

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Restoration Suite

We have just released a new Restoration Suite consisting of four audio restoration plug-ins available as 32 and 64-bit versions and as VST (Windows and OS X) or as AU (OS X only) plug-ins.

The restoration suite is the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms and includes the following plug-ins:
  • DeNoise is a plug-in designed to reduce stationary noise, such as broadband noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise. Great efforts have been put into preserving as much of the original signal as possible during the noise reduction process. As a result, DeNoise can reduce or in many cases completely remove the noise in a very transparent manner without loss of transients, attacks or "air" in the recording.
  • DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise.
  • DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle. These distortions are frequently encountered on LP and 78 RPM records, but also occur in digital recordings due to drop-outs or distorted data packets.
  • DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping.
Please check out our web site (http://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/) for more information!

Stian

Congratulations !

Fails AU validation in Logic Pro 9.1.8 (64-bit) under Mac OS X 10.8.3.

Support ticket submitted.
Simon Morrison • Audio Architect • Mastering Engineer • Music Technologist
[ www.MorrisonStudios.com ]

Hello Simon,
Simon Morrison wrote:Fails AU validation in Logic Pro 9.1.8 (64-bit) under Mac OS X 10.8.3.

Thanks for reporting this problem, I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience. We managed to reproduce the problem and this has top priority at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as we have found a solution.

Stian

sinkmusic wrote:Congratulations !
Thanks a lot, Yann! Your feedback has been very much appreciated during the beta test phase.

Stian

;)

Simon Morrison wrote:Fails AU validation in Logic Pro 9.1.8 (64-bit) under Mac OS X 10.8.3.
We have just released version 1.0.1 that solves this validation issue in Logic Pro (please see the download links on http://www.acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/).

Stian

I think that this is exactly what I need, but I have a very hard time demoing this with that demo restrictions.

To restaurate a vinyl recording, I have to use denoiser, declicker and maybe another one. With thre plugins in the chain there is almost al the time one muted. It is absolutely impossible to demo the plugins that way.
There should be at last some minutes without silence. I would also take a time limited demo. Everything else is better than this.....

sorry, I would like to buy it, but not without testing.

Alex

Hi Alex!

Thank you for your interest in Restoration Suite! I see your point with the three plug-ins in a chain. An idea that comes to mind would be to get the demo drop-outs synchronized, so that it doesn't matter if you have one or all four plug-ins activated. What do you think?

PS. Are you Scandinavian, by the way? Your nick name makes me wonder... :-)

Stian

Hi,

yes synced drop outs would be better....

I am from germany, but it is the sandinavian or danisch name of a series of cildren books I used to read a lot when I was a child...

Alex

Hi again, Alex,

I'll get the drop-outs synchronized, then, as it should be easy to accomplish. We'll release a service update with some minor fixes in about two weeks time, and I'll try to get it in there.

I had to google up "Rasmus Klump". ;-) He's called something different here in Norway, but the original is apparently Danish...

Stian

Hi Alex,
rasmusklump wrote:yes synced drop outs would be better....
We have just released version 1.0.4 with synchronized drop-outs as discussed... :-) Please see http://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/.

Stian

Hi,

thanks... but in the meantime I have bought them already. :)

I stumbled over some bugs in Nuendo 64bit.
Lets see if they are solved.
If not I will report them.

Cheers
Alex

Hi,

ok, the bugs are still there...

Nuendo 64 bit on Windows 7.

I can't enter values with the pc keyboard on all plugins

De-hum: when I try to enable "aggressive hum removal" the plugin starts weird acting and is muted. when I deselect it again it stays muted. If I play with the other sliders sometimes sound comes back but it crackles and the cpu meter in nuendo gous into red about twice a second.

Generally it would be great if the plugins would have a no latency mode.
De-hum has a big latency. Nuendos Postfilter is latency free and I would like to use De-hum instead, but this is not possible with latency (I have a streetcar directly in front of my house and the wires make strong sound in e-guitar pickups. With postfilter I can filter them out while guitarplaying...)

Hi Alex!

Thank you very much for choosing Restoration Suite and for the bug reports.
rasmusklump wrote:Hi,
I can't enter values with the pc keyboard on all plugins
Ok, thanks! I'll try to reproduce and fix that as soon as possible.
rasmusklump wrote:Hi,
De-hum: when I try to enable "aggressive hum removal" the plugin starts weird acting and is muted. when I deselect it again it stays muted. If I play with the other sliders sometimes sound comes back but it crackles and the cpu meter in nuendo gous into red about twice a second.
Hmm, it sounds as if Nuendo doesn't like that the reported latency is changed. Aggressive hum removal is latency-free whereas the sinusoidal mode has some latency. I'll dig into that as soon as possible...
rasmusklump wrote:Generally it would be great if the plugins would have a no latency mode.
De-hum has a big latency. Nuendos Postfilter is latency free and I would like to use De-hum instead, but this is not possible with latency (I have a streetcar directly in front of my house and the wires make strong sound in e-guitar pickups. With postfilter I can filter them out while guitarplaying...)
I understand, as I said, the aggressive mode should be ideal for this, so I hope to find a solution quickly.

Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”