Acon Digital Verberate 1.1 with AAX support

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today we released version 1.1 of Acon Digital Verberate (http://acondigital.com/products/verberate/), our algorithmic reverb plug-in that simulates real acoustical spaces with a new degree of realism. The major novelty in the latest incarnation of Verberate is the support for the AAX plug-in interface, thus allowing Acon Digital Verberate to be used in the AVID Pro Tools product family. Version 1.1 also includes usability improvements and minor bug fixes. The changes are:
  • AAX support (32 / 64 bit)
  • More constant CPU load during processing
  • Elimited CPU spikes when adjusting parameters
  • Fixed issue that prevented the true stereo processing in some AU hosts from working
  • Several minor bug fixes and improvements
Acon Digital Verberate is available for both Windows (PC) and OS X (Macintosh) for $99.90 (USD) from our online shop (http://acondigital.com/shop/verberate/). Both 32 and 64 bit versions are available, and the plug-in formats AAX, VST and Audio Units (OS X only) are supported. The upgrade is free for existing Verberate customers.

Stian

Hello Stian!

Just noticed - when using Verberate as portable plugin (.prop file is along the .DLL), a folder for Acon Digital gets created in Roaming anyways and creates a new .prop file when using the Lock control... Shouldn't it not do that and use the .prop file that is along the .DLL?

Hi!
EvilDragon wrote:Just noticed - when using Verberate as portable plugin (.prop file is along the .DLL), a folder for Acon Digital gets created in Roaming anyways and creates a new .prop file when using the Lock control... Shouldn't it not do that and use the .prop file that is along the .DLL?
Thanks for reporting, I must have missed something there... I'll check it out and get it fixed for the next release.

Stian

stian wrote:Hi!
EvilDragon wrote:Just noticed - when using Verberate as portable plugin (.prop file is along the .DLL), a folder for Acon Digital gets created in Roaming anyways and creates a new .prop file when using the Lock control... Shouldn't it not do that and use the .prop file that is along the .DLL?
Thanks for reporting, I must have missed something there... I'll check it out and get it fixed for the next release.
I was just about to take a look at this, but remember now why I didn't use the prop file along the DLL. The problem is that writing privileges in the program files folder aren't given, so it's safer to use the "Microsoft way" here. I guess it's a minor issue that the current state of the lock toggle doesn't follow the portable version.

Stian

But what if the DLL is not within Program Files? I, for example, have it in C:\VST (x64)\ :)

Or if a portable is run from an USB stick... Can a simple if-else be used to test the current location of the DLL and then act upon it regarding where the prop file should be also located?

EvilDragon wrote:But what if the DLL is not within Program Files? I, for example, have it in C:\VST (x64)\ :)

Or if a portable is run from an USB stick... Can a simple if-else be used to test the current location of the DLL and then act upon it regarding where the prop file should be also located?
I'll investigate that. I can probably read the access right flags of the directory...

Stian

Thanks, Stian - you rock!

Thanks - glad to be able to help! :-) The problem should be fixed in the latest beta build: The changelog and further info are available here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=144

Stian

Hmmm, still creates a folder in Roaming upon instantiating the plugin over here - even though there's an existing .prop file in the plugin folder (C:\VST\Acon Digital\)...

EvilDragon wrote:Hmmm, still creates a folder in Roaming upon instantiating the plugin over here - even though there's an existing .prop file in the plugin folder (C:\VST\Acon Digital\)...
Did you add the user preset folder to the properties file? You can add the following line:
<VALUE name="UserPresetDirectory" val="PRESET_DIRECTORY"/>

and substitute PRESET_DIRECTORY with your directory of choice. I just tested it and it seems to work here...

Stian

Oh, didn't do that. Lemme check!

EDIT: That worked!! Thanks! :tu: :hyper:

EvilDragon wrote:Oh, didn't do that. Lemme check!

EDIT: That worked!! Thanks! :tu: :hyper:
Excellent! :)

Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”