Acon Digital Verberate 1.2 Released

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate Verberate Immersive

We have just released version 1.2 of Acon Digital Verberate, our algorithmic reverb plug-in that simulates real acoustical spaces with a new degree of realism. The latest version improves the audio quality even further and contains the following improvements and fixes:
  • Improved stereo image
  • Less coloration and more lively late reverberation tails
  • Pro Tools Audio Suite support
  • CPU optimizations
  • New presets
  • Fixed rare issue with truncated early reflections
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements
Acon Digital Verberate is available for both Windows (PC) and OS X (Macintosh) for $99.90 (USD) from our online shop. Both 32 and 64 bit versions are available, and the plug-in formats AAX, VST and Audio Units (OS X only) are supported. The update is free for all Verberate customers.

Not sure if this is the best place to mention this, but I think I've discovered a bug with Reverberate in Pro Tools 10 (might also be there in 11 too? I haven't got that to test it with).

When I copy a plug-in instance from one channel (hold down option, drag & drop) to another it looses most of the settings. It seems to remember the levels, but not the other settings like reverb time, EQ etc.

My system specs:

OS X 10.6.8
Pro Tools HD 10.3.8
Verberate OSX 1.2.0

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
Haima

Thanks for reporting the issue. I could reproduce the problem which seems to occur only in PT10 on Mac for some reason. I'll keep you informed when I have a solution and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Stian

Thanks for looking into it.

I'm actually finding that settings are not being saved with the session either - which I guess I related...

I can save and recall setting via the pro tools presets menu though - so that part works.

I'm really liking the sound of the reverb - the early reflections are great and don't colour the sound of the dry signal as much as many reverbs. Very handy!

haima wrote:Thanks for looking into it.
I'm actually finding that settings are not being saved with the session either - which I guess I related...
Thanks again for reporting. It is the same issue and I'm working on it with top priority. I received a handful of reports regarding this issue over the weekend...
haima wrote:I'm really liking the sound of the reverb - the early reflections are great and don't colour the sound of the dry signal as much as many reverbs. Very handy!
I'm very glad to hear that! Hopefully we'll have the new build available by tomorrow so that you can use Verberate properly.

Best,
Stian

Great - I'd love to start using it again!

Thanks for the quick response on this :)

Hi again!

I've uploaded a version (not yet official) that should fix the issue: http://acondigital.com/software/Verbera ... _5.pkg.zip

Please let me know there are any further issue with the latest builds. Thank for you patience... :-)

Best,
Stian

Awesome - That seems to have fixed the settings recall - Thanks!

Noticed one other thing though - when the room size is really small (say around 0.5) I get fullscale output (DC?) whenever the ER level is below -23.1

It's a strange setting that probably isn't that useful... but I thought I'd mention it :) No big deal.

Cheers!
Haima

Also, getting really big CPU spikes sometimes when changing room size...

Sorry for all the bug reports! Love the plugin :)

haima wrote:Also, getting really big CPU spikes sometimes when changing room size...

Sorry for all the bug reports! Love the plugin :)
Don't feel sorry, I'm glad to get these issues sorted out. The CPU spikes have been a bit of a trouble in Pro Tools, but I've managed to improve the situation. I also fixed the issue with very small room sizes combined with very low ER levels. I've uploaded another interim version:

http://acondigital.com/software/Verbera ... _6.pkg.zip

As always, I'm very grateful for feedback! :wink:

Best,
Stian

Wow thanks Stian!

It's great to see a developer that is this responsive to bug reports

haima wrote:Wow thanks Stian!

It's great to see a developer that is this responsive to bug reports
Thanks! I'm glad to be able to help! :tu:

Stian

Just a short notice, that there's a new official release including these fixes: http://acondigital.com/news/verberate-1 ... und-1-0-8/

Best,
Stian

Just bought this reverb and I'm loving it immediately. It's both unique and wonderful sounding. I'm noticing some issues that I thought I'd report right away. I'm running PTHD 11.1.3 with a single HDX and Omni interface on a Mac Pro 4,1 with OSX 10.8.5, 20GB RAM, multiple drives, lots of plugs, etc...

This is not a rant in any way, shape or form. Just want to report what I see as it may help you figure things out as you go forward. Someone very close to me is an SQA tester for a well known piece of software we all know and love. He once said, "Most often, my job is to make that when you flush the toilet, the lights don't turn off." This is written in the spirit of trying to help you out, not as a rant - I love this reverb and want it to be the best as it can be and I'm sure you do too. Here's my short list, but it has a few things I think are critical to making it more usable tool.

- While playing back, when I click on the Presets menu, the plug in begins to cause large CPU spikes and slows the menu loads down tremendously. The top level menus, the categories, show right away, but the sub menus (with the actual presets in them) will take multiple seconds to populate or won't load at all unless I click on the category (top) menu. When stopped, all of the menus load instantly and without any trouble at all.

- Maybe I'm clicking in all the wrong places (ok, that's funny right there), but I can't instantiate automation by using the "triple hold and click". CNTRL-OPT-CMD and clicking on a parameter usually brings up a dialog that allows you to either "Enable Automation for "(chosen parameter)" or "Open Plug In Automation Dialog...". Speeds up workflow tremendously to have this ability, esp on big audio for picture mixes with lots of moving pieces. I noticed that this works on "Bypass", but nothing else. To make it worse, out of habit, I find myself trying to do this on parameters and it can easily reset the parameter to it's default value.

- When I use the automation dialog box, the parameter I've chosen to automate doesn't highlight in any way on the plug in itself. So, if a session were to arrive that I didn't record and it had some important plug in automation on Verberate or I hadn't opened the session in a while, I wouldn't be able to tell that a parameter has automation on it just by looking at it. The parameter (in the case, the reverb level I was trying to automate) should change to a noticeably different color. Most plugs, if not all, do this in one way or another and it's very helpful.

- More plug in companies should adopt having a "Back" arrow in their plug ins. One big one does, but I can't think of another. Maybe it's tough to do, I dunno. They also have two banks that you can copy settings between and then audition what the difference. You know who they are and what those settings do, I'm sure.

OK, that's all for now. Again, I LOVE THE SOUND OF THIS REVERB and can't wait to use it on tons of my sessions. Btw, I learned of the plug through the Pro Tools Expert site. Great decision you made in working with them - it has triggered lots of people talking about your reverb and I'm certainly one of them.

m

Hi Matt!
mattrussell wrote:Just bought this reverb and I'm loving it immediately. It's both unique and wonderful sounding. I'm noticing some issues that I thought I'd report right away. I'm running PTHD 11.1.3 with a single HDX and Omni interface on a Mac Pro 4,1 with OSX 10.8.5, 20GB RAM, multiple drives, lots of plugs, etc...
Thanks for purchasing and I'm happy to hear that you like the sound quality. I'm always very interested to get feedback about problems and quirks so that we can improve the usability of our plug-ins, so many thanks for providing feedback and describing the issues in such detail. Do you have Verberate version 1.2.8 installed (you can check by clicking the arrow down button in the top right corner and choose "About Acon Digital Verberate")?
mattrussell wrote:- While playing back, when I click on the Presets menu, the plug in begins to cause large CPU spikes and slows the menu loads down tremendously. The top level menus, the categories, show right away, but the sub menus (with the actual presets in them) will take multiple seconds to populate or won't load at all unless I click on the category (top) menu. When stopped, all of the menus load instantly and without any trouble at all.
I'm not really sure what causes this issue. As you can see in Mike Thornton's video, the preset menu normally shows up quickly also during playback. Since you talked about automation below, I suspected that the automation could possibly be the problem. However, I created a new session and automated the reverb level without any problems here. Do you always experience this problem or only in complex mixes?
mattrussell wrote:- Maybe I'm clicking in all the wrong places (ok, that's funny right there), but I can't instantiate automation by using the "triple hold and click". CNTRL-OPT-CMD and clicking on a parameter usually brings up a dialog that allows you to either "Enable Automation for "(chosen parameter)" or "Open Plug In Automation Dialog...". Speeds up workflow tremendously to have this ability, esp on big audio for picture mixes with lots of moving pieces. I noticed that this works on "Bypass", but nothing else. To make it worse, out of habit, I find myself trying to do this on parameters and it can easily reset the parameter to it's default value.
I wasn't aware of that feature in PT, but I see that it can be a huge time saver. We use a library called JUCE for the cross-platform development and it seems as if the default behaviour of JUCE plug-ins is to reset the parameter setting instead of passing the message to PT when holding CNTRL-OPT-CMD and clicking the parameter. I'll see what I can do to circumvent this.
mattrussell wrote:- When I use the automation dialog box, the parameter I've chosen to automate doesn't highlight in any way on the plug in itself. So, if a session were to arrive that I didn't record and it had some important plug in automation on Verberate or I hadn't opened the session in a while, I wouldn't be able to tell that a parameter has automation on it just by looking at it. The parameter (in the case, the reverb level I was trying to automate) should change to a noticeably different color. Most plugs, if not all, do this in one way or another and it's very helpful.
Nice feature, I'll try to get that implemented.
mattrussell wrote:- More plug in companies should adopt having a "Back" arrow in their plug ins. One big one does, but I can't think of another. Maybe it's tough to do, I dunno. They also have two banks that you can copy settings between and then audition what the difference. You know who they are and what those settings do, I'm sure.
I'm already working on undo / redo support as well as A / B comparisons for all our plug-ins. You can get a picture on how this will be implemented by taking a look at a screenshot of our new EQ plug-in that's still under development: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=756981677679861
As you can see, I've added these controls to the header. We've received nice feedback on the new simplistic design as well, and I'm thinking of using the new design also in Verberate.
mattrussell wrote:OK, that's all for now. Again, I LOVE THE SOUND OF THIS REVERB and can't wait to use it on tons of my sessions. Btw, I learned of the plug through the Pro Tools Expert site. Great decision you made in working with them - it has triggered lots of people talking about your reverb and I'm certainly one of them.
Thanks again, and I sincerely hope you're able to use the plug-in in a productive way despite the quirks you describe. Meanwhile, I'll to my best to find a solution. Our experience with Pro Tools Expert has been very pleasant. The Acon Digital plug-ins are new to the Pro Tools community so it is good to get the word spread.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”