Tutorials?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi people I am just using Acoustica standard edition to edit audio for web series and short movie and I dont understand nothing about audio (I am a director and camera guy), so could you post some links that could help to understand better how to use Acoustica? Dont need to be for it, but that I can apply to it.

Thanks!

Hi!
GKDantas wrote:Hi people I am just using Acoustica standard edition to edit audio for web series and short movie and I dont understand nothing about audio (I am a director and camera guy), so could you post some links that could help to understand better how to use Acoustica? Dont need to be for it, but that I can apply to it.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, that's a weak point at the time being. We haven't produced any tutorials yet, so I'm afraid you're stuck with the online help and the manual. I'd be glad to help if you have any specific questions, though.

Best,
Stian

I agree that Tutorials would be enormously helpful for those (like myself too) that don't need to use the full range of available options. It's just that it would be nice to know HOW to use some of those options so I can play with them. The inbuilt Help tells me what an option DOES but not always HOW I do it, which is very frustrating. I love Acoustica, but even though I have upgraded to every Premium version as they are released, I find myself going back to Version 4.1 - simply because I KNOW how to use it, I know what it does and how I do it. For example, I'd love to do channel mixing with Version 6 but don't have enough knowledge to understand what the help files tell me. (And I still think the way I can move the cursor/label TOGETHER to pick an edit point in 4.1 is way easier than later versions where I have to move the label to where I THINK it should be, then the cursor, then the label again etc. - but maybe it's just me!)

salpal wrote:I agree that Tutorials would be enormously helpful for those (like myself too) that don't need to use the full range of available options. It's just that it would be nice to know HOW to use some of those options so I can play with them. The inbuilt Help tells me what an option DOES but not always HOW I do it, which is very frustrating. I love Acoustica, but even though I have upgraded to every Premium version as they are released, I find myself going back to Version 4.1 - simply because I KNOW how to use it, I know what it does and how I do it. For example, I'd love to do channel mixing with Version 6 but don't have enough knowledge to understand what the help files tell me. (And I still think the way I can move the cursor/label TOGETHER to pick an edit point in 4.1 is way easier than later versions where I have to move the label to where I THINK it should be, then the cursor, then the label again etc. - but maybe it's just me!)
Thanks for the feedback, which is duly noted! The channel mixer is simply an extension of the one in version 4.1 where the output channels are organized in tabs. The change was necessary for surround support (having N times N faders would require too much screen real estate).

Best,
Stian

I agree, since as a beginner I do need some help which unfortunately is not provided by the software's help section. Just to give an example: I like to cut a radio recording to have a clear beginning and end, very simple you would think, but ... first thing that surprises: I can enlarge the view of the recording vertically but not horizontally, which to my simple mind does not make sense at all. I need to find the exact point where the cut shall begin and end and enlarging the view vertically does not help with it. Anyway next question: how do I mark the sections I want to delete and finally delete them? A look into the help does not provide any answer, the keyword search does not even find "cut" or related words. I do not like that for two reasons: it does not get me any result and secondly it makes me think I am a fool asking such stupid questions not even the help finds worth being answered. Then I check the forum, nothing to find here, too.
So after 15 minutes of trying to find out how to make such simple thing like cut out unnecessary parts of a recording - I am back again to Audacity, cut out the unwanted parts within seconds and here we go.
When even the simple things are hard to achieve with Acoustica I hardly dare to try something more sophisticated and usually after such experience I stick to the software that does what I need it to do and give Acoustica another try when the experience will be forgotten. That is how I work, call me stupid. Or even better: improve the help and provide users with tutorials. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks for understanding.
Best wishes

wolfsauge wrote:I agree, since as a beginner I do need some help which unfortunately is not provided by the software's help section. Just to give an example: I like to cut a radio recording to have a clear beginning and end, very simple you would think, but ... first thing that surprises: I can enlarge the view of the recording vertically but not horizontally, which to my simple mind does not make sense at all. I need to find the exact point where the cut shall begin and end and enlarging the view vertically does not help with it. Anyway next question: how do I mark the sections I want to delete and finally delete them? A look into the help does not provide any answer, the keyword search does not even find "cut" or related words. I do not like that for two reasons: it does not get me any result and secondly it makes me think I am a fool asking such stupid questions not even the help finds worth being answered. Then I check the forum, nothing to find here, too.
So after 15 minutes of trying to find out how to make such simple thing like cut out unnecessary parts of a recording - I am back again to Audacity, cut out the unwanted parts within seconds and here we go.
When even the simple things are hard to achieve with Acoustica I hardly dare to try something more sophisticated and usually after such experience I stick to the software that does what I need it to do and give Acoustica another try when the experience will be forgotten. That is how I work, call me stupid. Or even better: improve the help and provide users with tutorials. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks for understanding.
Best wishes
Thanks for you feedback. Your interest is duly noted. There's a vertical zoom drop-down list in the toolbar that you can use to zoom vertically. You can delete sections using the delete command from the edit menu or simply pressing the "Del" key. Selection and the basic editing operations are explained in the chapter "Basic Audio Editing".

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”