Verberate 1.5 with GUI and Workflow Improvements

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Our award winning plug-ins for natural sounding reverberation, Verberate and Verberate Surround, are now available in version 1.5. We have given the visual appearance a facelift and improved the workflow with undo and redo support as well as A/B comparisons. A large number of new presets have been added to the preset library. Furthermore, the Pro Tools integration has been improved with support for highlighted controls when using automation and automation menu keyboard shortcuts that simplifies the workflow.

New features
  • New graphical user interface
  • Support for visual themes
  • Many new presets
  • Unlimited undo and redo history
  • A and B settings for quick comparisons
  • Dry and reverb levels can be locked
  • Control highlighting in Pro Tools
  • Keyboard short-cut for the automation menu in Pro Tools
  • Further bug fixes and minor improvements
The update is free for all Verberate and Verberate Surround customers.

Hi Stian,

Thanks for the update. I'm having troubles with very high CPU usage in Pro Tools HD 10.3.8 (running on a 2.66Ghz Quad-core Mac Pro with Mac OS 10.8.5).

Basically I can't really run the plugin in a session without a massive CPU overload that causes big glitches and stops playback. Without the plugin active this session uses about 74% of my CPU and runs smoothly, I can add other plugins without any issue.

I didn't have this problem with previous versions of Verberate.

Any tips?

Cheers!
Haima

haima wrote:Hi Stian,

Thanks for the update. I'm having troubles with very high CPU usage in Pro Tools HD 10.3.8 (running on a 2.66Ghz Quad-core Mac Pro with Mac OS 10.8.5).

Basically I can't really run the plugin in a session without a massive CPU overload that causes big glitches and stops playback. Without the plugin active this session uses about 74% of my CPU and runs smoothly, I can add other plugins without any issue.

I didn't have this problem with previous versions of Verberate.

Any tips?

Cheers!
Haima
I'm sorry to hear that. It's strange, though, because the update should only affect the GUI and workflow. We didn't change the actual algorithms. Are the parameter settings the same? Some of the new ER models and presets might consume more CPU.

Best,
Stian

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm in the middle of a mixing deadline right now, but as soon as that's done I can I will do some investigations.

All I know is after updating, sessions that previously played fine with one or two instances of verberate, now won't play. And if I make the verberate plugs inactive everything is fine.

I will do some tests on new blank sessions when I can - and see if I can see what's going on...

Cheers!
Haima

haima wrote:I will do some tests on new blank sessions when I can - and see if I can see what's going on...

Cheers!
Haima
OK, thanks! I hope we'll find the culprit.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”