deThumper/dePlosive

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am very pleased when you release 1.7 of restoration suite, because you released something that other suites/restoration software-s don't have or it's not very usable.

I see good potential of deThumper, but i want to see is there room for some improvement ?

Me doing on some restoration of Vinyl records (33 and 45rpms) that is not much ruined. But sometimes a deeper scratches, can cause thumps on sound, and they are very irritating because depends of scratch, they can repeat until end of area where is scratch, just like normal clicks repeat, and also have variable duration but its usually under 300Hz but can go up to 500Hz. I tested some records with new Declicker, and DeThumper really remove those thumps, but i think is very aggressive way, and i would like to see some settings that will limit duration of thump, or based on strength or something like that. Because currently algorithm cuttof everithyng below even low frequencies that should stay. Something that will recognize that low frequency clicks/pops/thumps..

I can provide good example of repeating thumps if you are interested.

Thnaks
Best regards,
shon3i

Hi! :)
shon3i wrote:Hello,

I am very pleased when you release 1.7 of restoration suite, because you released something that other suites/restoration software-s don't have or it's not very usable.

I see good potential of deThumper, but i want to see is there room for some improvement ?

Me doing on some restoration of Vinyl records (33 and 45rpms) that is not much ruined. But sometimes a deeper scratches, can cause thumps on sound, and they are very irritating because depends of scratch, they can repeat until end of area where is scratch, just like normal clicks repeat, and also have variable duration but its usually under 300Hz but can go up to 500Hz. I tested some records with new Declicker, and DeThumper really remove those thumps, but i think is very aggressive way, and i would like to see some settings that will limit duration of thump, or based on strength or something like that. Because currently algorithm cuttof everithyng below even low frequencies that should stay. Something that will recognize that low frequency clicks/pops/thumps..

I can provide good example of repeating thumps if you are interested.

Thnaks
Best regards,
shon3i
Thanks for the nice feedback. We're always interested in improving our algorithms and audio examples are very helpful. Please send me a PM and I'll listen to them and test with DeClick.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”