Equalize "stepping" while sweeping a band

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Equalize

Hello,

I just bought Equalize this weekend. It's a great EQ, but I've just had one issue with it. I can't seem to sweep smoothly. For instance, if you solo a band, boost the gain and sweep from one end to the other, you can hear it jumping from one frequency to another instead of transitioning seamlessly. I could not replicate this behavior with Ableton's EQ 8 or Pro Q 2.

This is a bit of a bummer because one reason I picked Equalize was that I thought automating the continuously adjustable slopes would make it extra flexible for sound design. I've tried it on all of the phase modes and varying latencies. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm on Win 7 x64, running it in Ableton Live 9 and Studio One 3

Later edit - I realized stepping is probably a better word. As a further note, I noticed someone in another thread mentioned stepping with respect to midi-assigning a knob and made a suggestion about increasing midi resolution. I just want to clarify this isn't related to midi. I'm just talking about sweeping a soloed band or a HP/LP filter.

I posted this thread two weeks ago. I've since tried to submit a support ticket on acondigital.com more than once and received an error message that it failed to submit.

I could understand it if Acon's developer/support doesn't regularly visit KVR, but the fact that I can't get a response on here and I can't submit a ticket on their official site is a little disappointing. I hope this gets addressed soon.

Hi!
RazzCE wrote:I posted this thread two weeks ago. I've since tried to submit a support ticket on acondigital.com more than once and received an error message that it failed to submit.

I could understand it if Acon's developer/support doesn't regularly visit KVR, but the fact that I can't get a response on here and I can't submit a ticket on their official site is a little disappointing. I hope this gets addressed soon.
I apologize for the late response due to vacations. We received a couple of other reports regarding the support tickets, but it seems to work now. It seems like it was a temporary problem related to server time-outs. Did you make several attempts at sending the support ticket?

Regarding the stepping, we can look into that. I think we deliberately limited the update rate mainly because the computation of the mixed phase coefficients are very CPU intensive. I suppose we could allow more frequent filter updates in the minimum and linear phase modes.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:Hi!
RazzCE wrote:I posted this thread two weeks ago. I've since tried to submit a support ticket on acondigital.com more than once and received an error message that it failed to submit.

I apologize for the late response due to vacations. We received a couple of other reports regarding the support tickets, but it seems to work now. It seems like it was a temporary problem related to server time-outs. Did you make several attempts at sending the support ticket?

Regarding the stepping, we can look into that. I think we deliberately limited the update rate mainly because the computation of the mixed phase coefficients are very CPU intensive. I suppose we could allow more frequent filter updates in the minimum and linear phase modes.

Best,
Stian
Hey Stian,

Yes that would be great. I'm using an i7 6700k so I don't really feel the hit, but that makes sense regarding CPU efficiency. I'm just throwing ideas out here, but a preference to enable a more CPU intensive mode could work too. Makes no difference to me, but it might be a boon to people with older machines.

Now that you mention it- would a faster update rate actually effect any additional CPU use for someone who is using Equalize in a static state? Might be a win win, but obviously you know a hell of a lot more about it than I do.

Thanks for your time. I did try submit a few tickets but they were all within a day or two (right around the time I posted a reply in here), so it makes sense if it all fell into the window of time when there was an issue.

Regards

Hi RazzCE,
RazzCE wrote: Hey Stian,

Yes that would be great. I'm using an i7 6700k so I don't really feel the hit, but that makes sense regarding CPU efficiency. I'm just throwing ideas out here, but a preference to enable a more CPU intensive mode could work too. Makes no difference to me, but it might be a boon to people with older machines.

Now that you mention it- would a faster update rate actually effect any additional CPU use for someone who is using Equalize in a static state? Might be a win win, but obviously you know a hell of a lot more about it than I do.

Thanks for your time. I did try submit a few tickets but they were all within a day or two (right around the time I posted a reply in here), so it makes sense if it all fell into the window of time when there was an issue.

Regards
Thanks, we'll address this in the next update -- probably as a setting. We'll also increase the the update rate for minimum and linear phase modes, since these aren't nearly as CPU intensive. Our resources are currently pretty tied up by the Acoustica 7 development, but we'll do our best to get an update ready as soon as possible.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”