First Public Beta of Acoustica 7 Available

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The first public beta version of Acoustica 7 is now available. By participating in the beta test, you will be able to use Acoustica 7 for free until the release of the official version 7.0. Acoustica 7 is rewritten from scratch and runs on both Windows and Mac. Please see our earlier announcement (https://acondigital.com/news/acoustica-7-namm/) for more information.

Join here: http://links.acondigital.com/f/2449-119593/

and i got my invite and it looks really nice so far! thx and consider me as a buyer as soon as it is released!

Hi!
anttimaatteri wrote:and i got my invite and it looks really nice so far! thx and consider me as a buyer as soon as it is released!
Thank you very much -- highly appreciated! :)

Best,
Stian

The latest beta is definitely better. With the separate process I was finally able to scan through all my zillion VST plugins (I think the scanner only crashed a few times even). But a number of "important" plugins failed to scan (all my Waves plugins, it didn't like the VST3 shell, plus a bunch of others) Is there anyway I can force it to rescan just one plugin? Many of the (non-Wave) plugins that failed are using hardware iLok copy protection, I'm not sure if there is something specific about that. There also doesn't seem to be anyway to disable one or more plugins, which would be handy.

Space bar to play/resume doesn't always seem to work, depends a lot on where the focus is. Which is kind of annoying.

There also doesn't seem to be an visual editing features (adjust fades on the clip itself), are features like that planned?
-Matt

Hi Matt,
msorrels wrote:The latest beta is definitely better. With the separate process I was finally able to scan through all my zillion VST plugins (I think the scanner only crashed a few times even). But a number of "important" plugins failed to scan (all my Waves plugins, it didn't like the VST3 shell, plus a bunch of others) Is there anyway I can force it to rescan just one plugin? Many of the (non-Wave) plugins that failed are using hardware iLok copy protection, I'm not sure if there is something specific about that. There also doesn't seem to be anyway to disable one or more plugins, which would be handy.
I'm sorry for my late reply and thanks for the feedback. The plug-in scanning has been improved and the Waves shell loads fine now -- these issues were solved after validating on the UI thread instead of a background thread.
msorrels wrote:Space bar to play/resume doesn't always seem to work, depends a lot on where the focus is. Which is kind of annoying.
We have tried to fix a couple of these issues, but it depends a bit on what you did prior to loosing keyboard focus. Hopefully, it's mostly fixed in the final release version.
msorrels wrote:There also doesn't seem to be an visual editing features (adjust fades on the clip itself), are features like that planned?
You can do some basic automation in multitrack sessions, but we plan to integrate full automation support in both the clip and multitrack editor.

Best,
Stian

With the 7.0.1 actual release I still can't seem to get it to register most of my zillion Waves plugins. Waves have changed their shell so there are now more than one of them with plugins spread out, of the three shell plugins I have only one seems to scan ok.

The PlugInValidation.exe crashes on lots of plugins (iZotope RX 4 Advanced authed to a hardware iLok) but seems to totally hang on all my Arturia Synths (really seems to get stuck on Wurlitzer V.vst3). I kill off the stuck PluginInValidation.exe's but it just keeps reporting that Wurlitzer V failed with a "Scan Complete" message box, but since it launches another PlugInValidation.exe right before that dialog comes up I don't think it's done yet. But it doesn't seem to want to mark it as bad and move on. Other Arturia synths it crashes and moves on, but the Wurlitzer and Wurli V2 it seems to get stuck on no matter how many times I kill it. (this is with Scan for changes button, which I think is new). I'm not even sure it's getting to the Waves plugins to rescan.

It seems to keep launching the PluginValidation.exe even though I'm not scanning just by opening the Plug-in Manager. And it hangs. If I kill it, I get a scan complete error dialog with the name of what it was scanning but it keeps relaunch/rescaning that same thing in an endless cycle.

I've even removed my vst2.4 plugin directory from the folders list and just told it to do the VST3 Common directory but it still gets caught up in some sort of loop. I really wish I could pick the plug in shows as red and have it rescan just that.

I think I'm going to need a plugin search kind of feature too. The by manufacturer nested window is really unusable. A plugin window with a search feature is pretty much a requirement I think. Or a search filter on the menu itself.
-Matt

I took the two Wave Shells out of the Acoustica7.xml failed list and did a scan for changes. Here's what I get, which explains why those two didn't show up, the PlugInValidation exe crashed on both of them.

-Matt

Hi Matt,
msorrels wrote:I took the two Wave Shells out of the Acoustica7.xml failed list and did a scan for changes. Here's what I get, which explains why those two didn't show up, the PlugInValidation exe crashed on both of them.
Thanks for the report! We tested with many Waves plug-ins here prior to release, so I don't really understand why it doesn't work for you. You can scan individual files by dragging from the Explorer and dropping them on the Plug-in Manager Window. You can also delete individual items in the list with the DEL key and click "Scan for changes" instead of a rescan.

The PlugInValidation process should kill itself automatically after around five seconds if a plug-in freezes -- did you try to just leave it? The idea is that the PlugInValidation scans the plug-ins and reports back to the main application on crashes and freezes.

I see that the UI isn't exactly optimal for the large number of plug-ins that you have installed. We'll come up with a solution to create favourites and possibly a search field in v7.1.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”