Acoustica 7 - docking only? no 2 screens any more?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of the great features of Acoustica 6, and prior versions, is their support for multiple monitors. See the attached screenshot - I am able to put the waveform display on one monitor full screen, and put the various panels on the other monitor. That large waveform display makes editing much easier.

I almost bought the new version, but I'm glad that I tried the demo first. I could not find a way to move anything outside of the main window. Are you really forcing everyone to use one screen docking? That might be a handy feature for laptop users, but not for a lot of desktop workstations.

Multiple monitors are becoming much more common. At my workplace nearly everyone has two monitors now, some have three.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

On a related note, Acoustica 6 allowed side-by-side display of two audio files, which is useful for comparing two versions of the same track with different enhancements applied. While Acoustica 7 allows multiple files to be open, they can be displayed only individually. Side-by-side display is one of several useful Acoustica 6 capabilities that have gone missing in Acoustica 7.

Ickky wrote:One of the great features of Acoustica 6, and prior versions, is their support for multiple monitors. See the attached screenshot - I am able to put the waveform display on one monitor full screen, and put the various panels on the other monitor. That large waveform display makes editing much easier.
I almost bought the new version, but I'm glad that I tried the demo first. I could not find a way to move anything outside of the main window. Are you really forcing everyone to use one screen docking? That might be a handy feature for laptop users, but not for a lot of desktop workstations.
Multiple monitors are becoming much more common. At my workplace nearly everyone has two monitors now, some have three.
Yes, it is an important feature that must be (I hope) available in 7.1.
At least, it is already on the todo list...

Hi!
Ickky wrote:One of the great features of Acoustica 6, and prior versions, is their support for multiple monitors. See the attached screenshot - I am able to put the waveform display on one monitor full screen, and put the various panels on the other monitor. That large waveform display makes editing much easier.

Thanks for testing Acoustica 7. We are aware of the problem and will add floating panels in v7.1.

Best,
Stian

Thanks Stian! Anxiously awaiting 7.1.

(duplicate post)

Return to “Acon Digital”