Acoustica 7 and Waves VST3

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using Acoustica 7 Premium Edition and the 64-bit VST3 WaveShells for Waves VSTs do not load. I get the message "Note that the following files appeared to be plugin files, but failed to load correctly: WaveShell-VST3 9.91_x64.vst3, WaveShell2-VST3 9.91_x64.vst3". The VST2 WaveShells load OK, so it has not become a huge issue at the moment. Could be a major problem for folks with Waves bundles.
Windows 10, 32GB RAM, Cakewalk by BandLab, Harrison Mixbus 5, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Izotope Elements Suite, Waves singles, Sampletank 4, BFD3, AAS Professional Series, XLN Drums and Keys + other VSTs.

Hmm, waves seem to work fine for me the last time I checked but I have tried since the latest v7.0.10 update. I'll take a look tomorrow if I remember

Strange, it seems to work here as well. Are all VST3 WaveShell plug-ins affected?

Best,
Stian

Yeah, works fine for me, just checked. I tend to always use VST3 now.

vectorwarrior wrote:Yeah, works fine for me, just checked. I tend to always use VST3 now.
Thanks -- good to hear!

@groverken: Maybe there's a specific Waves plug-in that causes problems. Which ones are you trying to load?

Best,
Stian

I am away from my machine at the moment but among the ones not loading are the "OneKnob" series and "SoundShifter" which I use a lot.
Windows 10, 32GB RAM, Cakewalk by BandLab, Harrison Mixbus 5, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Izotope Elements Suite, Waves singles, Sampletank 4, BFD3, AAS Professional Series, XLN Drums and Keys + other VSTs.

groverken wrote:I am away from my machine at the moment but among the ones not loading are the "OneKnob" series and "SoundShifter" which I use a lot.
Thanks for the additional info. I just installed SoundShifter and the 64 bit version of Acoustica 7 scans and runs it without any issues here. I wonder what could be wrong. Are you running Acoustica 7.0.10?

Best,
Stian

I am running the latest version, so I will reinstall my Waves plugins when I get home and see if that makes any difference. I'll also make sure that my Windows installation is completely up to date.

groverken wrote:I am running the latest version, so I will reinstall my Waves plugins when I get home and see if that makes any difference. I'll also make sure that my Windows installation is completely up to date.
Okay, thanks! Please let me know how it goes.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,
I think I may have worked out what the problem might be. When I install my Waves plugins and scan them one at a time, they seem to work OK (except GTR3 - which I will mention later). When I install them all at once then scan I get the error when scanning, resulting in none of them working.
GTR3 fails every time I install it, whether it be single install or part of the group.
I am running Acoustica Premium 7.0.10 and my Windows 10 Professional is up to date.
I've emailed separately with further details and screenshots.

After a lot of research and emails from Stian, it looks like the VST scan time is the issue. Should be sorted out in the next version.

Well done and huge thanks to Stian - my Waves VSTs working with no issues. Sorted!

Hi Ken,
groverken wrote:Well done and huge thanks to Stian - my Waves VSTs working with no issues. Sorted!
Thank for your patience and for updating this forum topic. The upcoming Acoustica update kept me very busy the last couple of days... ;)

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,

After another round of Waves purchases in their sales, I am having the same problem again with Acoustica timing out before finishing the scan. Any chance that you could extend the scan time even further or make it user defined like Harrison Mixbus does?

UPDATE - just had to manually reset my Harrison Mixbus VST timeout setting from just under one minute to over two minutes to allow Waves to scan correctly. This may be due to the fact that the new Waves installer uses only one shell for my latest plugins where there used to be two. That would certainly cause the scan to take longer.

Return to “Acon Digital”