Acoustica 7 and Waves VST3

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
groverken wrote:UPDATE - just had to manually reset my Harrison Mixbus VST timeout setting from just under one minute to over two minutes to allow Waves to scan correctly. This may be due to the fact that the new Waves installer uses only one shell for my latest plugins where there used to be two. That would certainly cause the scan to take longer.
Wow -- two minutes... I guess we'll have to make it a setting like in Harrison Mixbus, then. I've added it to the bug tracker and we'll try to get it implemented ASAP.

Best,
Stian

Just to say that I've just added the new Scheps Omni Channel to my list of Waves VSTs and had to increase the scan time on my Mixbus again. Harrison have theirs that you can increase to over 5 minutes scan time. It might be something worth considering - especially if Waves are going to keep offering excellent deals on their plugins which are difficult to resist.
Windows 10, 32GB RAM, Cakewalk by BandLab, Harrison Mixbus 5, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Izotope Elements Suite, Waves singles, Sampletank 4, BFD3, AAS Professional Series, XLN Drums and Keys + other VSTs.

groverken wrote:UPDATE - just had to manually reset my Harrison Mixbus VST timeout setting from just under one minute to over two minutes to allow Waves to scan correctly. This may be due to the fact that the new Waves installer uses only one shell for my latest plugins where there used to be two. That would certainly cause the scan to take longer.
Yes, we'll definitely need to make a setting for this. Maybe even with an "infinite" option.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,
stian wrote:
Yes, we'll definitely need to make a setting for this. Maybe even with an "infinite" option.

Best,
Stian
Good idea on a setting provision - perhaps a slider going up to 10 minutes or a manual input (in seconds). Going "infinite" might be counter productive since if there was an issue with any VST then it would lock up the program.

Best,
Ken
Windows 10, 32GB RAM, Cakewalk by BandLab, Harrison Mixbus 5, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Izotope Elements Suite, Waves singles, Sampletank 4, BFD3, AAS Professional Series, XLN Drums and Keys + other VSTs.

Hi Ken,
groverken wrote:Good idea on a setting provision - perhaps a slider going up to 10 minutes or a manual input (in seconds). Going "infinite" might be counter productive since if there was an issue with any VST then it would lock up the program.
Yes, the infinite option would be at own risk... ;)

Best,
Stian

Quick question Stian,

As a developer, do you have any issues with VST3? Would love to hear your views on this.

Do you like it? Was it even necessary?

Grizzellda wrote:Quick question Stian,

As a developer, do you have any issues with VST3? Would love to hear your views on this.

Do you like it? Was it even necessary?
VST3 has some nice additional features like sample accurate automation and better side chain and surround support. The latter was possible with VST2.4 as well, but not really well defined and left too much room for interpretations. Whether or not it was necessary define a completely new plug-ins standard instead of building upon v2.4 is another question... ;)

Best,
Stian

BTW, the adjustable maximum validation is implemented already all will be included in the next update.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:BTW, the adjustable maximum validation is implemented already all will be included in the next update.

Best,
Stian
Thanks again for getting fixes done so quickly.

stian wrote:Whether or not it was necessary define a completely new plug-ins standard instead of building upon v2.4 is another question... ;)
What about the idea that if VST3 was so good, it would have made more of an impact by now...why do you think alot of developers are "stubbornly holding on" to 2.4?

stian wrote:BTW, the adjustable maximum validation is implemented already all will be included in the next update.

Best,
Stian
Any indication when the next update will be released?

groverken wrote:

Best,
Stian
Any indication when the next update will be released?
It's in the final stages now and we expect to release early next week. You can send me a PM if you want try the non-official test version.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”