Acoustica 7

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just installed Acoustica 7.
When I load up an MP3 track I click on the play all from the pull down menu and nothing happens. Please advise
thank you

nfj wrote:I just installed Acoustica 7.
When I load up an MP3 track I click on the play all from the pull down menu and nothing happens. Please advise
thank you
Please check the audio device settings (Edit > Preferences > Audio Device Settings) and make sure an audio device is selected. Do you have an ASIO drivers for your audio interface?

Best,
Stian

thank you
Have the same problem with the latest version 7.0.34. Audio settings are the same as in the previous version 7.0.24. I use Windows 8.1 Pro and the 64-bit version of Acoustica Premium with the German language. Unlike the previous version, the following things no longer work:

1. If I load an MP3 file from the file browser by double-clicking, it can not be played. In the previous version I do not have this problem.
2. The play buttons in the file browser do not work.

Best regards

Hi!
Ohro wrote:
thank you
Have the same problem with the latest version 7.0.34. Audio settings are the same as in the previous version 7.0.24. I use Windows 8.1 Pro and the 64-bit version of Acoustica Premium with the German language. Unlike the previous version, the following things no longer work:

1. If I load an MP3 file from the file browser by double-clicking, it can not be played. In the previous version I do not have this problem.
2. The play buttons in the file browser do not work.

Best regards
The OP sent a support ticket as well and got it sorted by choosing the correct audio device in the audio device settings. Did you check that?

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,

Thank you for the fast reaction. My settings in Acoustica 7.0.34 are as follows:

Driver Type: Windows Audio
Buffer size: 512
Input device: Realtek Digital Input (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Output device: Speaker (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I also set the buffer size value to 1024 and could only press the play button once in the file browser. After that it did not work again. Also in the main window I can no longer play a loaded file. As if the program had frozen. The Level meter also stop and the green bars do not lower anymore. What is going wrong? Driver problem? Funny thing is that the version 6.0.19 or 7.0.24 works. But the new versions (7.0.29 and 7.0.34) no anymore? I do not know what it is.

Settings in Acoustica 7:

Driver Type also offers the following options:
- Windows Audio
- Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)
- DirectSound
- ASIO

Input Device has no further options.
- Realtek Digital Input (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Output device also offers the following devices:
- Speaker (Realtek High Definition Audio)
- Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
- Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
- Acer XB241H-8 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)

Device settings in the previous version Acoustica Premium 6.0.19:
Input: [MME] Realtek Digital Input
Output: [MME] Speaker (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Best regards

Thanks for the detailed information. That's a strange issue, indeed. Did you actually reinstall version 7.0.24 and tested that it works or did it stop working after installing v7.0.34? You might want to try to test "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)" which will allow Acoustica to set the sample rates. You should receive an error message if there's a mismatch, though, so it's a confusing.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:Did you actually reinstall version 7.0.24 and did it stop working after installing v7.0.34?
The version 7.0.24 always worked flawlessly, even after reinstallation. The issues will not occur until I have installed versions 7.0.29 or 7.0.34. Can it have something to do with the translation files or internal variables for the multilingual language sentence? As of version 7.0.29, Acoustica has become multilingual. As I already wrote, versions 6.0.19 and 7.0.24 work perfectly. Only the newer versions cause problems. I do not understand that?
stian wrote:You might want to try to test "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)" which will allow Acoustica to set the sample rate.
I usually set the mode to "Windows Audio" for all previous versions. And there were never any problems. I have also tested the "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)", which does not solve the problem either. I receive no error message from Acoustica. The program seems to freeze and then nothing happens anymore.

Now I have the latest version 7.0.35 installed. After I start the program and click on the play button in the file browser, the previously marked file is played once. If I select another file after that, nothing happens anymore.

I can then play no loaded file in the main window more. The red position cursor will initially flash when I loaded the title. As soon as I click on PLAY in the system bar, the flashing stops and nothing happens anymore. The PLAY button changes its color to yellow, as if the title were being played. It must be some conflict that blocks play. The spectrum analyzer and the level meter remain unchanged with the last rash. Normally these ads return to their original state after the end of a title. Here, however, the display remains after the "stop".

At the moment I can only work with the version 7.0.24, because there are no problems. I'm desperate?!

Best regards

Ohro wrote:
stian wrote:Did you actually reinstall version 7.0.24 and did it stop working after installing v7.0.34?
The version 7.0.24 always worked flawlessly, even after reinstallation. The issues will not occur until I have installed versions 7.0.29 or 7.0.34. Can it have something to do with the translation files or internal variables for the multilingual language sentence? As of version 7.0.29, Acoustica has become multilingual. As I already wrote, versions 6.0.19 and 7.0.24 work perfectly. Only the newer versions cause problems. I do not understand that?
stian wrote:You might want to try to test "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)" which will allow Acoustica to set the sample rate.
I usually set the mode to "Windows Audio" for all previous versions. And there were never any problems. I have also tested the "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)", which does not solve the problem either. I receive no error message from Acoustica. The program seems to freeze and then nothing happens anymore.

Now I have the latest version 7.0.35 installed. After I start the program and click on the play button in the file browser, the previously marked file is played once. If I select another file after that, nothing happens anymore.

I can then play no loaded file in the main window more. The red position cursor will initially flash when I loaded the title. As soon as I click on PLAY in the system bar, the flashing stops and nothing happens anymore. The PLAY button changes its color to yellow, as if the title were being played. It must be some conflict that blocks play. The spectrum analyzer and the level meter remain unchanged with the last rash. Normally these ads return to their original state after the end of a title. Here, however, the display remains after the "stop".

At the moment I can only work with the version 7.0.24, because there are no problems. I'm desperate?!
Thanks for the detailed information. I don't think it is related to the German translation. I've checked the logs, but can't find any obvious reasons. Did you try to restart Acoustica and load a file from the File menu instead of double clicking a file in the Media File Browser? The audio preview buttons in the Media File Browser were introduced in v7.0.29 and might be related.

Best,
Stian

Hello Stian,
stian wrote:Did you try to restart Acoustica and load a file from the File menu instead of double clicking a file in the Media File Browser? The audio preview buttons in the Media File Browser were introduced in v7.0.29 and might be related.
I now use the version 7.0.35 on my system and can load files from the media browser in the editor area and play. This works as long as I do not use the "Play" button in the media browser. Maybe it works in a later version to use the play button.

Thank you for your support, Stian! I love Acoustica and do not stop developing this wonderful program. :love: :phones:

Hi!
Ohro wrote:Thank you for your support, Stian! I love Acoustica and do not stop developing this wonderful program. :love: :phones:
Thank you very much! We'll definitely continue developing Acoustica, no worries. We'll look into the playback issue in the media browser. It should be much easier to solve now that we've got it narrowed in...

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”