use on a Mac - anyone

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I very much want this program to work but on my system it is a lethargic sloth. Unusable.

I have plenty of power.

Acoustica v7.0.41

macOS 10.13.2
15" MAcBook Pro / Touch Bar
2.9 GHz i7
16 GB RAM

Hi!
lancet wrote:I very much want this program to work but on my system it is a lethargic sloth. Unusable.

I have plenty of power.

Acoustica v7.0.41

macOS 10.13.2
15" MAcBook Pro / Touch Bar
2.9 GHz i7
16 GB RAM
Thanks for the interest! I'm not sure what's going on there. Is the UI slow in general or only specific tools? Or is it the processing?

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:Hi!

Thanks for the interest! I'm not sure what's going on there. Is the UI slow in general or only specific tools? Or is it the processing?

Best,
Stian
App loads OK but everything then gets the beachball: changing window size, clicking anything (e.g. icon within the GUI, menu bar item). Opening a file takes seemingly forever compared to any other app be it Audacity or Audition. I have not ever actually tried to do anything to a file.

Tomorrow I will install on a different Mac. Will report then.

lancet wrote:App loads OK but everything then gets the beachball: changing window size, clicking anything (e.g. icon within the GUI, menu bar item). Opening a file takes seemingly forever compared to any other app be it Audacity or Audition. I have not ever actually tried to do anything to a file.

Tomorrow I will install on a different Mac. Will report then.
Okay, thanks for the info. Something is definitely wrong there, but it's difficult to say what the issue could be...

Best,
Stian

Worked fine on another machine:
2.5 GHz i5 Mac mini 'Early 2012'
16 GB RAM
SSD
Mac OS Sierra

So I got to thinking it was a High Sierra thing. But that made no sense as the differences in the OS shouldn't have any issues with the app itself. I then tried it under a different set on the first machine. All fine there. I lastly tried it again under my own user. Worked fine there! So all is well. Sorry for the false alarm!

I like it a lot the little I have used it. Won't be able to give it a real workout until the weekend, if then.

One thing ... When I say "worked fine" the one thing still faulty was loading a file. My test file was a 1.54 GB AIFF file. Load times for the following:
Audition 43 sec. (includes loading the spectral frequency view)
Acoustica 2min. 9 sec.

Hi!
lancet wrote:Worked fine on another machine:
2.5 GHz i5 Mac mini 'Early 2012'
16 GB RAM
SSD
Mac OS Sierra

So I got to thinking it was a High Sierra thing. But that made no sense as the differences in the OS shouldn't have any issues with the app itself. I then tried it under a different set on the first machine. All fine there. I lastly tried it again under my own user. Worked fine there! So all is well. Sorry for the false alarm!

I like it a lot the little I have used it. Won't be able to give it a real workout until the weekend, if then.

One thing ... When I say "worked fine" the one thing still faulty was loading a file. My test file was a 1.54 GB AIFF file. Load times for the following:
Audition 43 sec. (includes loading the spectral frequency view)
Acoustica 2min. 9 sec.
Thanks for the update! I'm glad it's working again now. I can't really explain what happened, though... We'll take a look at the AIFF loading speed.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”