Acoustica Premium 7.0.41 - time position of the cursor

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.41, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

In the Acoustica Workspace, there are two ways of getting information on the current time position of the cursor while an audio file plays: there is the small window "Cursor position" right below the waveform window, and there is the "Time Display", which can be presented at a large size in the workspace, if one so wishes.

When a file is playing, both the "Cursor position" and the "Time Display" show the same information.

But when the file playing is stopped, if we intend to restart the playing at another point of the audio file, we can click on the waveform window at the new time point we wish to restart the playing, so making the cursor change position to the new point. This click right away makes the "Cursor position" show the new position of the cursor, but the "Time Display" does not change.

With the cursor at the new position, now we click on the Play button on the toolbar. Immediately, as the audio starts playing, now the "Time Display" shows the current cursor position, as does the "Cursor position".

My question is: with the audio playing stopped, when we click at some point on the waveform window, should't the "Time Display" also show the new time point where the cursor is, as it happens with the "Cursor position"?

Or, in other words, is there really some kind of difference between the information presented by the "Cursor position" and the one presented by the "Time Display"?

In my view, the "Time Display" should be updated immediately when we click at some new point on the waveform window, as it happens with the "Cursor position". It causes me some confusion to see the "Time Display" showing a time which does not correspond to the actual cursor position.

Best regards,

Paulo

Mr Stian,

One further information: I see now that, when the file playing is stopped, the left and right arrow keys on the computer keyboard make the "Cursor position" change as the cursor moves with the keys, but the "Time Display" does not change. Again, this causes confusion to me, when I want to know the actual cursor position.

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

The time display is implemented as an output analyzer and only shows the time stamp of the outgoing audio, hence it doesn't currently reflect the actual cursor position. I see that it is slightly confusing and we'll try to address it.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”