Hats off to the man! or...um...ah...Acon Digital.

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Stian, my first post in your forum, and a recent new customer for ya...

The product is called Acoustica 7, and holy moly but do I wanna thank you for developing it. I will surely be posting here with questions and suggestions, but right now I just wanted to say this may simply be the most beautiful application I have used up until now. Well, and MuLab too, I'll throw that in...

So, a fair percentage of my posts on KVR concern GUI's, fonts, and colour contrasts in software. Ever since "quite a while" digital audio has sounded real good...so my interest lay largely in workflow, usability, and productivity. What else, huh?

I started out on a 4-track cassette machine in the early 1990's, so complaining about the stuff available now-a-days might seem foolish, but when I try software that has thin, weak fonts, ridiculous colour combinations resulting in poor contrast, small silly knobs and just generally poor, perhaps lazy design decisions, I'm like..."I can't use this shit".

I have been interested in Acoustica for a while now and so recently bought your standard version. When I opened it up, I think some celestial beings began singing, because dude, I think you know what you are doing! Soon, I hope more software will be looking so clean and modern. What some developers could learn from you, man you might as well just write a book, and no, I ain't joking.

"Clean and modern", yeah, I like the sound of that, and the sound of Acoustica too!
But it is the layout, the colours and the fonts which are simply the "cat's pajamas", (a phrase I like to use...) I'm saying tremendous.

Rarely do I open a program and like it the way it is, wow!

In other threads we could talk about the effects, and general "build quality" which seems pretty much awesome actually.

So hey...hats off to you for all the effort you must have put in, and are putting in to this stuff - your products are gonna help me make a good album, sir!

Hi!
Grizzellda wrote:Hi Stian, my first post in your forum, and a recent new customer for ya...

The product is called Acoustica 7, and holy moly but do I wanna thank you for developing it. I will surely be posting here with questions and suggestions, but right now I just wanted to say this may simply be the most beautiful application I have used up until now. Well, and MuLab too, I'll throw that in...

So, a fair percentage of my posts on KVR concern GUI's, fonts, and colour contrasts in software. Ever since "quite a while" digital audio has sounded real good...so my interest lay largely in workflow, usability, and productivity. What else, huh?

I started out on a 4-track cassette machine in the early 1990's, so complaining about the stuff available now-a-days might seem foolish, but when I try software that has thin, weak fonts, ridiculous colour combinations resulting in poor contrast, small silly knobs and just generally poor, perhaps lazy design decisions, I'm like..."I can't use this shit".

I have been interested in Acoustica for a while now and so recently bought your standard version. When I opened it up, I think some celestial beings began singing, because dude, I think you know what you are doing! Soon, I hope more software will be looking so clean and modern. What some developers could learn from you, man you might as well just write a book, and no, I ain't joking.

"Clean and modern", yeah, I like the sound of that, and the sound of Acoustica too!
But it is the layout, the colours and the fonts which are simply the "cat's pajamas", (a phrase I like to use...) I'm saying tremendous.

Rarely do I open a program and like it the way it is, wow!

In other threads we could talk about the effects, and general "build quality" which seems pretty much awesome actually.

So hey...hats off to you for all the effort you must have put in, and are putting in to this stuff - your products are gonna help me make a good album, sir!
Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm very glad to hear how highly you regard the new user interface.

Best,
Stian

My pleasure! :hihi:

Stating the obvious, in the history of humanity, and all the various industries, computers are a relatively new thing, and as the thrill of "how they have changed the world" wears off, now I think we are moving into a phase of how to relate to them more elegantly. The interface.

So keep up the good work, as they say!

Isn't that, like, the default font used by JUCE? :)

EvilDragon wrote:Isn't that, like, the default font used by JUCE? :)
And if it is? Well there are a heck of alot of fonts out there! But this app's elegance is well beyond a nice clear font. Maybe you wouldn't mind to elaborate somewhat? :hihi:

Have you used Acoustica, or demo'd it? Wondering! If you are questioning my appreciation of the program, well I can surely understand. This stuff is often subjective, and with the amount you post here and around I think you probably have quite a good understanding of that. Dude, if Kontakt 6 looks half as good as this, I will want to get it. :party: :clap:

I know from your posts you are into Kontakt, so waddaya think? I mean they have got to know that interface needs work. Considerable work...they have fallen behind. And I like Native Instruments! Don't get me started on FM8.

I seem to be pretty GUI oriented, and I like this one, I would like to see more stuff that is along these lines of design.

maybe he doesn't get free software from them like from a certain softwarepiano vendor he makes promotion for at the forums..

With all due respect - how about using the "care about fonts" part of yourself to convince Native Instruments to adopt a default font size that's actually readable for people over 40? :roll:

Back OT, I'm quite impressed by Verberate and Equalize. Almost bought restoration plugins but the features/price of Izotope RX Elements better suited my needs. Am thinking of ditching Adobe Cloud subscription, will have to see how Acoustica works for me.

Hi!
Not anymore... ;) The plug-ins actually use the default JUCE font, but we did some updates to the design and switched the default UI font as well.

Best,
Stian

Winstontaneous wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Back OT, I'm quite impressed by Verberate and Equalize. Almost bought restoration plugins but the features/price of Izotope RX Elements better suited my needs. Am thinking of ditching Adobe Cloud subscription, will have to see how Acoustica works for me.
Nice -- we do see some subscription refugees coming to us... ;)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”