Acoustica Premium 7.0.41 - questions about the spectrogram

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.41, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

1. What is the function of the Analysis/Spectrogram window, other than presenting a display of the spectogram and some point-information about the audio file? If I open the spectrogram view (the large window) of Acoustica and make a time-selection, and then call the Analysis/Spectrogram module, the module's window shows what seems to me only a zoomed-in image of the selected spectrogram view, with a difference in colour and possibly in resolution (depending on Settings parameters). Hovering the mouse over the Analysis/Spectrogram window we see at the bottom the time, frequency and dB intensity of the audio at the mouse-cursor point - an undocumented feature, not in the Help files, it seems. Is there anything more to the Analysis/Spectrogram window, to make it the more distinct from the spectrogram view?

2. In the Settings of the Analysis/Spectrogram window there are a series of parameters to be adjusted, that can help us in showing more detail of the spectrogram. The point is, when we use the retouch tool we are in the spectrogram view, not in the Analysis/Spectrogram window. When retouching, it would sometimes be helpful to be able to see the spectrogram in some more detailed way (other than zooming-in), but the settings that are available in the Analysis/Spectrogram window don't seem to be available in the wider spectrogram view - I can't locate them, if they exist. So, for retouching purposes, it seems that we don't have the resources that could make the spectrogram view more detailed, as it happens with the Analysis/Spectrogram window. Shouldn't the spectrogram view, the wider window where the retouch operates, have settings also, with adjustable parameters? In iZotope RX6 Advanced the settings operate on the same spectrogram view where the retouching (audio repair) is performed.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:1. What is the function of the Analysis/Spectrogram window, other than presenting a display of the spectogram and some point-information about the audio file? If I open the spectrogram view (the large window) of Acoustica and make a time-selection, and then call the Analysis/Spectrogram module, the module's window shows what seems to me only a zoomed-in image of the selected spectrogram view, with a difference in colour and possibly in resolution (depending on Settings parameters). Hovering the mouse over the Analysis/Spectrogram window we see at the bottom the time, frequency and dB intensity of the audio at the mouse-cursor point - an undocumented feature, not in the Help files, it seems. Is there anything more to the Analysis/Spectrogram window, to make it the more distinct from the spectrogram view?
Yes, the spectrogram is somewhat obsolete when you have the spectral editor, but this is handy for the Standard Edition users. The cursor read-out is also quite nice as you have commented.
Paulo-Brazil wrote:2. In the Settings of the Analysis/Spectrogram window there are a series of parameters to be adjusted, that can help us in showing more detail of the spectrogram. The point is, when we use the retouch tool we are in the spectrogram view, not in the Analysis/Spectrogram window. When retouching, it would sometimes be helpful to be able to see the spectrogram in some more detailed way (other than zooming-in), but the settings that are available in the Analysis/Spectrogram window don't seem to be available in the wider spectrogram view - I can't locate them, if they exist. So, for retouching purposes, it seems that we don't have the resources that could make the spectrogram view more detailed, as it happens with the Analysis/Spectrogram window. Shouldn't the spectrogram view, the wider window where the retouch operates, have settings also, with adjustable parameters? In iZotope RX6 Advanced the settings operate on the same spectrogram view where the retouching (audio repair) is performed.
There's a settings button (wrench icon) in the lower right corner (between the zoom buttons) where you can adjust the same settings for the spectral editor. I do plan to add some additional processing settings for the retouch tool as well, but that's not implemented yet. The plans include "feathering" option to blur out the transitions between processed and unprocessed regions in frequency among others.

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

Thank you. Yes, I missed the settings button (wrench icon) of the spectrogram, I see it now. Thank you again.

Paulo

Return to “Acon Digital”