Acoustica Premium 7.0.41 - deleting labels and regions

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.41, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

I cannot find a way of deleting labels and regions. Nothing about that in the Edit menu, and neither in the Help files.

If I right-click on the label/region name, maybe the small window that opens, "Edit Anchor Properties", could include a clicking button to delete the label/region.

Regards,

Paulo

Mr. Stian,

I see now that there is a further issue with the labels and regions. If a create some labels and/or regions and then save the audio file under a new name (Save As ...), if I open the newly saved file, the labels and regions are all there.

The point is, I don't see why the labels and regions should be present in a file saved under a new name. Maybe I would want to perform some different kind of editing on the new file, or whatever, so that to open the new file with all those labels and regions could be a nuisance. The more so because, at this moment, I cannot even find a way of deleting labels and regions.

What is the solution for that? Maybe to offer in the Edit > Preferences an option about whether to save or nor the labels and regions in newly-named files? And furthermore to establish as the default behaviour that Acoustica would never carry labels and regions to a file saved under a new name?

Thank you.

Paulo

Mr. Stian,

One further piece of information: the labels and regions pass on when we copy a part of a file where they exist and then paste it onto another file. I don't see a reason for that kind of behaviour, I think the labels and regions shouldn't pass on in a copy/paste.

Besides a delete button on the small "Edit Anchor Properties" window, which would act on a specific label or region, the Edit menu could include an item "Clear all labels and regions", so that we can, in one action, get rid of all of them.

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote: I cannot find a way of deleting labels and regions. Nothing about that in the Edit menu, and neither in the Help files.
There are two ways to delete anchors:
  • Click on the anchor (label or region) and hold down the mouse button while moving the cursor a bit above the waveform.
  • Open the label or region list panes, click an anchor entry and press delete on the keyboard.
Best,
Stian

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:I see now that there is a further issue with the labels and regions. If a create some labels and/or regions and then save the audio file under a new name (Save As ...), if I open the newly saved file, the labels and regions are all there.

The point is, I don't see why the labels and regions should be present in a file saved under a new name. Maybe I would want to perform some different kind of editing on the new file, or whatever, so that to open the new file with all those labels and regions could be a nuisance. The more so because, at this moment, I cannot even find a way of deleting labels and regions.

What is the solution for that? Maybe to offer in the Edit > Preferences an option about whether to save or nor the labels and regions in newly-named files? And furthermore to establish as the default behaviour that Acoustica would never carry labels and regions to a file saved under a new name?
Unfortunately, I don't really agree with you there. I think the anchors should definitely be included when choosing save as. It would however be good to have a quick way of deleting all anchors. There's already a feature request for this and we'll probably implement a menu button in the label / region list window panes where you can save, load and clear the list of anchors.

Best,
Stian

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:I see now that there is a further issue with the labels and regions. If a create some labels and/or regions and then save the audio file under a new name (Save As ...), if I open the newly saved file, the labels and regions are all there.

Unfortunately, I don't really agree with you there. I think the anchors should definitely be included when choosing save as. It would however be good to have a quick way of deleting all anchors. There's already a feature request for this and we'll probably implement a menu button in the label / region list window panes where you can save, load and clear the list of anchors.

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

Thank you. And in the case of the copy/paste, do you also consider that labels and regions should be carried to the file that receives the copied audio?

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Thank you. And in the case of the copy/paste, do you also consider that labels and regions should be carried to the file that receives the copied audio?
Yes, that was the intention. It's part of the content, isn't it?

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”