Acoustica 7.0.56 Possible Bug - Vitalize Preset

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

I fired up the Vitalize feature in Acoustica to see what it would do to a low quality dialogue recording. All the presets for Vitalize normally show starting filter/adjustment points in the plugin window.

However, the plugin exhibits odd behavior with an audio file that has a sample rate of 22 khz. The "recover 96kbps mp3" doesn't show any filter points on my audio file with the lower sample rate. It does, however, seem to work fine on other files that have a 44 khz sample rate. On those files, the filter points do appear when loading the preset. (And it processing audio through it doesn't seem to have a noticeable effect.)

Is this a bug, or a limitation of the plugin itself?

Hi!
Tappistry wrote:Hello.

I fired up the Vitalize feature in Acoustica to see what it would do to a low quality dialogue recording. All the presets for Vitalize normally show starting filter/adjustment points in the plugin window.

However, the plugin exhibits odd behavior with an audio file that has a sample rate of 22 khz. The "recover 96kbps mp3" doesn't show any filter points on my audio file with the lower sample rate. It does, however, seem to work fine on other files that have a 44 khz sample rate. On those files, the filter points do appear when loading the preset. (And it processing audio through it doesn't seem to have a noticeable effect.)

Is this a bug, or a limitation of the plugin itself?
Thanks for reporting this issue. Vitalize doesn't resample to a higher sample rate by itself, so I would recommend to use "Convert Sample Format" from the Tools menu first and change to at least 44.1 kHz. However, the filter handles should be visible even with lower sample rates and I'll make sure we fix that as soon as possible.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”