SonicPhoto

Official support for: skytopia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i bought SonicPhoto some weeks ago. The overall impression is promissing.

Feature request:

1. 96 KHz for better quality

2. ASIO support, VST verson (if possible), or at least select WDM output from all active outputs / devices

3. Loop play button!!!

4. Stereo with two images, different blending modes between left and right image

5. Copy and paste images from graphic editor

6. larger image, frequency and time indication, grid

7. matrix view or something visual and more fast for the instrument and harmony quantization notes

The instrument harmony quantization section is ok, but the artificial stereo is not very useful. I'm routing the audio output into my daw and can use any effect and stereo enhancer i wish. It would be extremely useful to loop play so you can concentrate on tweaking the result with the VTS effects instead of switching programs and pressing the play button again and again.
The SonicPhoto window is small, takes only 15% of my 30 inch screen.

The most useful feature can be scripted in autohotkey in ten minutes. Let's say you paint in Gimp. You press a hotkey and the script executes:

1. Copy image (or layer) to clipboard
2. minimize Gimp
3. maximize SonicPhoto
4. Paste image
5. Press "Create or Play" button

There are tons of brushes and effects in Gimp and with such a script you don't need to implement RGB channels in SonicPhoto because you can do everything much faster in Gimp with full featured undo/redo.

Thanks, I'll prioritize audio looping and paste from clip since those should be quite easy to do. What else would you like me to prioritize?

I should point out the stereo addition to SonicPhoto is advanced since the partial information (phase offset) is created from scratch for each L+R channel. I somewhat doubt you would be able to top it with a 'stereoizer' afterwards.

It also depends on whether others also want those features too. Thanks for the feedback - it is appreciated.
SonicPhoto - See what pictures sound like.

Hi,

loop play and copy from clip are important additions, thank you in advance.
Currently SonicPhoto uses the default WDM audio output only. It might be useful to choose the output from all available outputs so you have more routing freedom.
It can be really useful to have a larger image to exactly see how images and editing are affecting the sound.

Tip: You can use this app to route SonicPhoto directly into your DAW per ASIO and use it like a VSTi.

http://midithru.net/Home/AsioLink

Early Chrimbo present ;)

New version - 1.2 has just been released incorporating many (though not all) of your requested features, along with 64 bit support for giant pics, sounds and much better program stability. See home page for details: http://www.skytopia.com/software/sonicphoto/

twinbee wrote:Early Chrimbo present ;)

New version - 1.2 has just been released incorporating many (though not all) of your requested features, along with 64 bit support for giant pics, sounds and much better program stability. See home page for details: http://www.skytopia.com/software/sonicphoto/
Sounds good! Are you sending, email updates for current users? Its been a while since I've used SP. And I had a hard drive death :( . Thanks for the update :)
I believe I have found the email, but I may have upgraded. My old brain, fried. sorry :oops:

Awesome news.

Hi SonicPhoto,

Please see my separate message titled "SonicPhoto for Mac???".

many thanks in advance :)
http://www.soundclick.com/gardenofsurrealdreams
Ambiavantelectroexperifolkgothjazprogpsychwave

32 bit sound with 96KHz is now possible with the latest version 1.3!
tonatona wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:43 pm Hi,

i bought SonicPhoto some weeks ago. The overall impression is promissing.

Feature request:

1. 96 KHz for better quality

2. ASIO support, VST verson (if possible), or at least select WDM output from all active outputs / devices

3. Loop play button!!!

4. Stereo with two images, different blending modes between left and right image

5. Copy and paste images from graphic editor

6. larger image, frequency and time indication, grid

7. matrix view or something visual and more fast for the instrument and harmony quantization notes

The instrument harmony quantization section is ok, but the artificial stereo is not very useful. I'm routing the audio output into my daw and can use any effect and stereo enhancer i wish. It would be extremely useful to loop play so you can concentrate on tweaking the result with the VTS effects instead of switching programs and pressing the play button again and again.
The SonicPhoto window is small, takes only 15% of my 30 inch screen.

The most useful feature can be scripted in autohotkey in ten minutes. Let's say you paint in Gimp. You press a hotkey and the script executes:

1. Copy image (or layer) to clipboard
2. minimize Gimp
3. maximize SonicPhoto
4. Paste image
5. Press "Create or Play" button

There are tons of brushes and effects in Gimp and with such a script you don't need to implement RGB channels in SonicPhoto because you can do everything much faster in Gimp with full featured undo/redo.

Awesome news and great app, highly recommendable for sound experiments, thank you very much!

Return to “Skytopia”