Support for loading plugin presets for AU and VST3?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get that most plugins have their own preset loaders these days (no doubt due to the diversity of approaches different DAWs offer) but there is still a hardcore of plugins that don't and rely on the host to load and save presets. Unfortunately unless the presets are in fxb/p format currently Tracktion has no way of doing this, so for any AU or VST3 plugins that rely on the host it is impossible to load or save their presets. If Tracktion is going to fully support AU and VST3 spec surely that should also include being able to handle their presets, otherwise what's the point?
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, you'll be wanting the Psychic File Format feature, whereby a DAW can make a completely accurate guess at how the latest random assortment of data should be dealt with.

When I were a lad, plug-ins handled their own files.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:Ah, you'll be wanting the Psychic File Format feature, whereby a DAW can make a completely accurate guess at how the latest random assortment of data should be dealt with.

When I were a lad, plug-ins handled their own files.
Not at all - if plugins are using some idiosyncratic format then they will obviously have their own method of loading it, I'm only referring to file formats that are part of the plugin standard for that particular type (i.e the equiv of fxb/p) - so aupresets and vstpresents.

Examples of plugins that rely on the host to load presets are still fairly common e.g. All Audiodamage plugins, all Sinevibes plugins, several Steinberg Plugins such as Padshop and Padshop Pro, lot's of AU plugins do.

The point is full support for the plugin spec should include the ability to load and save its presets.

Oh, indeed, if it's part of the standard.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Bump - seeing plenty of updates but zero attention to this issue. In the case of aupresets this has been a major omission going back to T4.

i saw it as an acknowledged FR in the bugtracker.
so there is hope, that it will come somewhere in the future.

That would be something at least but it's been well over a year since T4 added AU support and yet there is still no support for aupresets which means such support is incomplete to say the least.

C'mon guys this is getting ridiculous. I want to be able to use things like my Sinevibes plugins that rely on the host to load aupresets. This is a basic requirement of plugin handling.

I believe Jules himself added it to the FR list. But I guess the ARA thing has priority at the moment. Which is not bad! So please just a little more patience and trust the chief.

I have no problem with being patient - I have waited over a year for au support, but a response from them would be nice at least to show they are on the case - tbh I don't care about ARA though, this is basic stuff that should have been done a long time ago

Return to “Tracktion”