Date for Melodyne Essential

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, this does sound like a nice update

Mother fu king w00t :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Great to hear the next release is almost upon us but I wonder if Linux users will be left out of the Melodyne fun?

Is ME to be bundled separately as a standalone app, will it be included as a plug-in or will it be a new addition to T5's 'integrated plugins'? We'll find out shortly!

Well, there is no Linux version of Melodyne, so my money's on yes, Linux users will be left out of the Melodyne fun.

Don't think anyone can really object to that though ... can they?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:If you want them to fix thing, report them to support@tracktion.com with as much detail as possible.
If you don't do that, don't be surprised if new versions don't see those things fixed.
Did that a while ago, not had a response yet on this issue.

Unfortunately the Zendesk thing only seems suitable for single questions, not bug reporting.

chico.co.uk wrote:Well, there is no Linux version of Melodyne, so my money's on yes, Linux users will be left out of the Melodyne fun.

I don't know about 'objecting' to this but once again Linux, a very capable OS is tossed aside, and here I was all excited because it seems that a 'professional' software company was interested in including us. So once again it's windoze or that other operating system.

Obviously, this will split the product into two streams, but likely you are correct.

TSC wrote:OK - was hoping it would be this week but the lawyers are pushing it till next week..... its very close.... VERY close!
Lawyers? You mean it' a criminally great release?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Jeff Benetti wrote:
chico.co.uk wrote:Well, there is no Linux version of Melodyne, so my money's on yes, Linux users will be left out of the Melodyne fun.

I don't know about 'objecting' to this but once again Linux, a very capable OS is tossed aside, and here I was all excited because it seems that a 'professional' software company was interested in including us. So once again it's windoze or that other operating system.

Obviously, this will split the product into two streams, but likely you are correct.
How could it be otherwise? TSC have no control over whether Melodyne is developed for Linux or not, it's not their fault.

Isn't OSX just a proprietary Linux?

Will Melodyne run under Wine?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:Isn't OSX just a proprietary Linux?

Will Melodyne run under Wine?
You can already test the demo of melodyne under wine. But nobody can guarantee that it will work or not in the future. Melodyne essential is a windows and mac only product. Actually we have to deal with that. And I don't think that the Linux market is appealing enough for the Melodyne company.
I heard that some big editors have working Linux builds, but don't sell them yet because of ???
You can't always get what you waaaant...

aMUSEd wrote: How could it be otherwise? TSC have no control over whether Melodyne is developed for Linux or not, it's not their fault.
Well it depends on how tightly hooked in it is to the T5 product. If it's just a plugin, how does this set Traction apart from other DAWs. Anyway not trying to cause trouble, I was just excited to find Traction and Renoise embracing the Linux market and ya as another mentioned Mac isn't too far from a Linux box as I understand so if it's down to source code then I think it's quite possible.

No worries, it will be what it will be and it's already a great (fantastic) addition to the Linux musicians toolbox.

Tracktion 5 is FREE on Linux , quit yer beaching ..... by the way I have an Ubuntu Partition , Renoise , Mixbuss , T5 ... But I use Windoze for music making , its just easier for me even though I hate Microsoft and there virus of an OS .... If you want Melodyne on Linux contact them not TSC .... :dog:

fedexnman wrote:Tracktion 5 is FREE on Linux , quit yer beaching ..... by the way I have an Ubuntu Partition , Renoise , Mixbuss , T5 ... But I use Windoze for music making , its just easier for me even though I hate Microsoft and there virus of an OS .... If you want Melodyne on Linux contact them not TSC .... :dog:
I should probably drop this because it seems everyone is a bit touchy. I expressed my disappointment, I did not intend to attack the developers.

Traction 5 on Linux is Beta and users are unpaid testers and that's a great deal for us. If I had to buy it it would take me three or four hours to earn the money.

If a solid bug tested version was available for Linux I would purchase it without hesitation, but as it stands I have to learn and accommodate the bugs and the (undocumented) software at the same time. Funny thing, I actually value my own time.

I was hoping (and still am) that development on Linux is a sincere effort on the part of the developer, there is no reason why this product should be free if it is solid. If features vary from platform to platform, I don't see that the Linux version really has a future. This leaves the only reason to go with Linux being that it's free.

Enough said, let's see what comes.

Just because a product is free doesn't mean that if it fails to live up to your expectations, you shouldn't be able to get your money back.

Linux OS and open source stuff has no warranty and has bugs just like Mac and windows .. Ardour is great for audio on Linux . There are just not enough Linux VSTis and effects . I like Ardour/Mixbuss and ir-reverb lv2 but I wish there was an SSL buss compressor like the glue . I know there are compressors and limiters and EQs but it really be nice to have the glue. I know there is wine and wine asio but I'd like a pure Linux DAW but I'm stuck in windows.

jabe wrote:Isn't OSX just a proprietary Linux?
Not in any way whatsoever. Its based on a Mach kernel, with elements from FreeBSD and NetBSD.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Tracktion”