New to waveform.2 basic questions.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi i just bought waveform today. I have two questions that i cant seem to answer. The first is, is there a way to sync loops automatically to tempo. I mean when i drag some loops into the project i want them to sync to the tempo. Smth like tempo match in reaper.

The second one is about previous in the project page. How can i update the sound of the previews. This is a very useful feature for me since i have many projects and i want to just listen to them without opening them up one by one. There is a preview but its not updating anytime i close the project.

Yes. First off, if you have a folder of loops you use, scan it, and any "acidised" clips, or anything with embedded tempo information in the clip itself will be added to the tracktion loop database. If you didn't do that during the "first run wizard", go to the settings page, then to loop database, and have a look there. It should be easy enough to see how to add folders there, and scan them.

If you've not organised stuff like that, or it's a one off clip, or whatever, drag it to the timeline, then when it's highlighted, down the bottom, in the middle, you'll see the properties of the audio clip. If the file is called "drums.wav", it'll say something like "Audio Clip - drums.wav". Down there, there's a "Loop properties" tab, if you go there, you'll find buttons for "auto tempo" and "auto pitch", or you can manually set the pitch and tempo of the file, if you know it.

Go back to the first tab, and you'll see a drop down that says something like "Stretch - no time stretching". From there you can choose which version of Elastique or Melodyne to use to timestretch the clip. Have a play, see what sounds best.

After all that, look at the clip on the track itself, zoom in a bit, and on the toolbar on the clip, there's a little "L" icon. If you click that, the clip will loop, and you can drag it out as much as you like. You may or may not need to do the steps above, you might be able to jump straight to this, depending on whether tracktion has worked out.

Also, try previewing clips in the browser on the left hand side of tracktion, rather than windows explorer, or mac finder, before dragging them into the edit. If you're lucky, they'll play in time with the edit. It tries to do that, if it can work out what the original tempo of the clip is.

Your second question, have a look in settings, under "General Behaviour", and make sure "Generate edit previews" is turned on. That should control those.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Thank you. I wrote some test track and i played with the beats property on the loop properties after pressing auto tempo and i usually fix the loop. But i will try your method too. The problem with the previews is just random. I have the "generate edit previews" checked. Sometimes if i wait the preview renders to the last file that i saved. Sometimes its not. But its ok. I can live with that.

May i ask a question also in here : basically i went for the ultmate bundle witch includes Biotek and daw essentials , the thing is that on my account i see free trial stuff with option to buy them ,, recommedned : waveform ....and special offer my melodyne stuff (ok)

Don't have a synthesis of what we own , serials or some comp ID where it is installed ?(by the way how many comp can we install stuff and how to manage those)

thks

You can install on at least two separate computers, not sure how many is the limit. There is a limit, if you install it on loads, you'll get an error. If that's legitimately happened, because you reinstalled a machine, or whatever, email support@tracktion.com and they can sort it out.

You don't manage licenses with serials etc, in the way you're thinking. There's no list showing you those, I mean. If you go to Help / About, it will show your machine id, for that laptop, and there's a challenge / response thing based on that, but you don't manually need to enter those, unless you want to do an offline unlock, for machines not connected to the internet. There's not a list of machine ids and response codes for those, is what I mean.

I thought the tracktion site would make it easier to see what you've bought, tbh, but it's a bit unclear, when you login. I think the products you see under downloads are what you're licensed for, but I could be wrong.

Here is the answer for the support forum when i asked. So no worries about the different installations.

You can instal/unlock up to 4 computers - if you need more, just let us know - the limit is there to stop piracy, not inhibit genuine users

Enjoy :)

Thks pdk_ & Chico , so they should make it clearer on the website and make us handle it on our own , small work but then they will be free of having to handling auth stuff on their own ;)

I dunno mate, four concurrent installs is better than most. You *might* use those up, if you wipe and reinstall the o/s on the same lappy a lot (do folk still do that these days?), but in my experience, the support guys, and the Tracktion devs, invariably err on the side of keeping customers happy, as opposed to making you jump through hoops.

I've never heard them knock anybody back, who needed that kind of thing sorted out. They just sort it, when asked, no drama. Maybe you can try doing auth the other way, when you get round to writing that DAW of your own ;)

I have an idea that when someone reaches the limit, they'll undo all the authorisations so you can start again. That way, if a PC has died, it will become unauthorised.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”