TrackPAD 3 alpha6 preview [+midi]

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if it replaced a previous instance of TP2! ;)

It seems to me that the TP2 issue had to do with storing information....

<makes spooky "oooo oooo" noises>

Greg

i dunno... can't remember

Can I post pics in TrackPad yet? Wouldn't mind ditching VstNotesXL. :)
Proprietor of Fine Music and Hot Sauce...

www.theFPband.blogspot.com

Sure, in this one-- Alpha 3. Which has been around for ages! :D

Hey guys, thanks for digging this up! I've been working on a lot of other things lately, and have been too busy to actually work on any of my own fun code :(

There are still a couple of bugs in this version- I think the information-loss thing might be because the data's not being saved until you change pages. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've worked on it. For now a workaround is to just cycle the pages before you save your project.

With regards to all the versions (@ron), I made a quiet comment early on in the thread about that. While TrackPAD2 data cannot be loaded, all new versions after the first release of TrackPAD3 will be able to open data from older versions. In fact, if you try to open one from alpha6 in the first release, it would actually load (ignoring the picture data), but remember that when you saved it again, it wouldn't have the picture data to write, so you'd lose that. Does that make sense? Basically, from TrackPAD3 onwards, yes they can be total replacements and your old data will load if you upgrade.

I need to iron out some bugs, and add a few other features (the MIDI part of it was going to be extended if i remember rightly.. it was all written on a scrap of paper somewhere!). Hopefully I'll get the chance to soon!

[On a slightly related note, I have to rewrite part of it again anyway, but it's not a drastic rewrite. In doing so, I'll also be tidying up the code so it's more self-explanatory as it was a bit rushed! I've made a juce tutorial site, and the source for this plugin - and indeed all my plugins - will be made available on there]
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

I need to iron out some bugs, and add a few other features (the MIDI part of it was going to be extended if i remember rightly.. it was all written on a scrap of paper somewhere!).
So now you need to wrtie a Memo plugin for your programming environment too? When will it end!?
:lol:
Thanks for the great plugin!
"The perfect take is the one that felt like it was going to fall apart but never did."

haydxn wrote:[On a slightly related note, I have to rewrite part of it again anyway, but it's not a drastic rewrite. In doing so, I'll also be tidying up the code so it's more self-explanatory as it was a bit rushed! I've made a juce tutorial site, and the source for this plugin - and indeed all my plugins - will be made available on there]
Cool what is the tutorial site? :)

haydxn wrote:I need to iron out some bugs, and add a few other features (the MIDI part of it was going to be extended if i remember rightly.. it was all written on a scrap of paper somewhere!). Hopefully I'll get the chance to soon!
Trackpad 3 rules :) The chording with this latest build is so cute. I love how the fonts can be any I have installed... Rocks :) Thanks!

I'm glad you like it! :D Sorry that it's not totally finished, but it is fully functional :)

im just wondering cause right now t2 older projects etc are using the different plugin names... maybe ill just dl this one and erase the others
its not hard to retype lyrics anyways :)

RonC

Ah of course- the builds have different names! sorry, I forgot about that.

you have two options:

1) rename the plugin to the name of the one you were using in older projects...

2) save an FXP from within a project, and load that up in the new plugin..

Well spotted ron, thanks a lot for bringing that to my attention. I'm still very new to this VST lark, and that completely got past me. From now on I'll just label the release archives and give a version indicator on the plugin itself; the filenames will all be the same.

I'm really sorry to have caused any inconvenience! Bad haydxn!

haydxn wrote:I'm glad you like it! :D Sorry that it's not totally finished, but it is fully functional :)
It's finished enough to begin using it right? I tested it and it saved the information in my T2 edit.. Even the pictures ;)

Uber cool. Is it safe to assume the data storage structures are going to be the same now until the final v3? If so I will use this in place of the other TrackPad2X I had downloaded. Also an idea I had was to provide prefab chords. Maybe use the existing olga chord charts and convert them automatically or something? I dunno. It would be cool to be able to choose 'chord' then pick one from a drop down list (or a few):

Key [choose ^] | Chord [choose ^] | Position [choose ^]

Where [choose ^] are dropdowns for choosing.. Just a thought. It's already incredibly cool though as it is.

good ideas. i'll see what i can do, although it'll be a while til i'll have time for such an endeavour.

as far as using it- i'd say this version is more stable and reliable than 2x, so just use this. the data structures are indeed in a fixed/extensible format, so anything you save in any version of TrackPAD from v3alpha1 onwards will load in any future TrackPAD versions.

haydxn wrote:good ideas. i'll see what i can do, although it'll be a while til i'll have time for such an endeavour.

as far as using it- i'd say this version is more stable and reliable than 2x, so just use this. the data structures are indeed in a fixed/extensible format, so anything you save in any version of TrackPAD from v3alpha1 onwards will load in any future TrackPAD versions.
That's what I wanted to hear :) Thanks man. Yeah no hurry. And don't stress over the idea as I'm sure you probably thought of it alread too and didn't implement it for some reason or another :)

Take care brother.

http://www.codefn42.com/vstnotepad/index.html

This looks like a good replacement - someone actually asked me for a copy and I don't have this anymore. 11 years, wow.

Return to “Tracktion”