3.0.2.6 Now in Accounts - List of All Changes

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FigBug wrote:
dahkter wrote:Does this mean we can have midi channel 1 on track 1, midi channel 2 on track 2, and record both simultaneously?
Yup.
Sweet, thanks.

Thanks for the update!

However, the bug that's bothering me the most is still in there. And I think it was the first bug report for T3 on this forum actually.

There is still problems with several plugin GUIs on Mac Intel. Especially the Wavearts plugins. Whenever you click on a control it sticks to it and refuses to let go. And if I then delete the plugin, Tracktion crashes. This renders several very important plugins unusable.

Also, plugins does not initialize when added when I use "popup tree" for filter selection. Not as important now that I found that the other "popup menu" mode works. But it's still there.

By the way. Wouldn't it be great if you had some kind of bug-tracking system instead of this forum? Like Bugzilla for example.
I get a feeling that a lot of bug reports are getting lost here. It would also make it easier for users to watch the status of the bug.

Oh, I forgot to say. Big thanks for the virtual midi inputs! I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, but if it works like I want it to, that great news!

rainydays. We did address the mac redraw bugs but there are still a few that are wreaking havoc for us. As I've said elsewhere, there are still some known issues with this release but we really wanted to get it out since there are so many other fixes in it.

Even though you are on intel mac, some of the same problems are causing issues on Mac PPC, including the ones you mentioned. Please check out this thread and post any additional notes.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182495
----
--------
----------------
www.mackie.com

Thanks Beno. Yeah obviously the issues are the same on PPC and Intel (which would make sense). It was just such a letdown that the issues with the Waveart plugs wasn't fixed. I've been waiting eagerly for this. The Mackie channel strip is very nice but the EQ just can't compete with Trackplug.

Virtual MIDI inputs didn't work as I expected either. I was hoping that I finally would be able to route MIDI from one track to another internally. It would be wonderful if you would be able to not only do that, but to be able to make virtual audio inputs as well. Not particularly useful to me, but many have requested the ability to record audio output of a track. That would solve that issue. And allow for other creative routing.

It was wrote:Added push encoder on control surfaces to toggle between discrete parameter states
I am going to get a chance to use the DAW later today, does this mean that when switching banks, a fader will only start moving the volume filter when the 2 values match to stop jumping?

If so, this is marvellous. The Virtual MIDI inputs too - having different inputs for MIDI channels from the one real input is an essential for me.

Sorry to interject with a feature request after the hard slogging, but in another thread it was noticed that the MIDI parameter for "Jog" enabled 1 rotary controller to jog back and forward, but the scroll ones don't - there has to be seperate back and forward controllers.

Any chance of making the scroll parameters like the jog one?

Thanks again.

:)

rainydays - you can route midi from one track to another now. Either simply route the track or use a rack (perhaps with with ndc's midi plugs) to pass midi and run a vsti at once or ... ?

semiquaver wrote:rainydays - you can route midi from one track to another now. Either simply route the track or use a rack (perhaps with with ndc's midi plugs) to pass midi and run a vsti at once or ... ?
No, that will only route the MIDI to the filters of that track. Not as an input to the track.
For example, if I have a drum trigger plugin which generates midi signals. I'd want those signals routed to another track for further editing. I can currently do this externally, but it's not as accurate as I'd like it to be. Internal routing would make it possible to do it much more accurate.
Another example where this might be useful is if you are using midi filters on a midi track and want to render the filtered midi signals to another track.

rainydays, you can do that at the moment using MidiYoke.

I have recorded MIDI coming from Jamstix by setting the output of the track to MidiYoke Output 1 and it loopbacks to MidiYoke Input 1 which can be used as an input for another track.

captain caveman wrote:rainydays, you can do that at the moment using MidiYoke.

I have recorded MIDI coming from Jamstix by setting the output of the track to MidiYoke Output 1 and it loopbacks to MidiYoke Input 1 which can be used as an input for another track.
I know that it's possible to do it externally. I can create a loopback device with Core Midi in OSX as well. However, I was hoping to finally be able to do it internally with more accuracy and lower latency.

Channel aftertouch support is the thing I've been awaiting for long time. Finally new Tracktion is in scope of my intrest. Now, if only I could split MIDI port among several tracks. Would be great.

You can split midi port across several tracks using 3.0.2.6. Off you pop.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:You can split midi port across several tracks using 3.0.2.6. Off you pop.
That's great, thanks a lot!

Just downloaded last T3.

What I really need in a matter of ports splitting is to split one input across tracks by MIDI channels, eg. Port1/Chn1 to Track1, Port1/Chn2 to Track2, and virtual MIDI ports feature for this purpouse works perfectly!

Krzysiek

Return to “Tracktion”